Infraction GPM RC parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesy67

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hey guys, I have been looking at the GPM store and like a few of the parts they offer. I read somewhere that replacing the front and rear upper and lower arms with aluminum is not suggested as there needs to be a little "flex" to absorb shock. Has anyone else heard this? Do any of you replace the center diff front mount to aluminum? Do any of you have a suggestion of what should be swapped out for aluminum?

Cheers

No arms you’ll destroy your bulkhead. Chassis braces
Ackerman plate
Diff cases
Shock towers
chassis
Bulkheads
Motor mount
Servo mount
That’s all I would upgrade to aluminum

Definitely don't fit aluminium A arms!

The GPM parts I've fitted to my Felony (the same chassis as your Infraction) are the chassis braces and the centre diff mount

Hey guys, I have been looking at the GPM store and like a few of the parts they offer. I read somewhere that replacing the front and rear upper and lower arms with aluminum is not suggested as there needs to be a little "flex" to absorb shock. Has anyone else heard this? Do any of you replace the center diff front mount to aluminum? Do any of you have a suggestion of what should be swapped out for aluminum?

Cheers
I’m not sure why people don’t recommend aluminum arms on an on road car but I have 3 limitless cars that have the gpm aluminum a arms andI really just put them on because I like the way they look.

I probably wouldn’t recommend them on a basher but for the limitless or infraction why not

EAFF2DAD-7C7B-4F6A-8EA0-2B334883AB6F.jpeg

EC0F4C0D-3885-401C-A4E4-C616C9F83532.jpeg

FC89A5F5-3400-4144-8580-EF2DFEE46338.jpeg

5CA19A98-C967-4556-9D58-7AB257B30AD9.jpeg

E09E6E70-1E6E-44DB-BAAA-8781FFD066FA.jpeg

AFD1599A-6C65-4148-9BBB-067C7A3DE426.jpeg

I’m not sure why people don’t recommend aluminum arms on an on road car but I have 3 limitless cars that have the gpm aluminum a arms andI really just put them on because I like the way they look.

I probably wouldn’t recommend them on a basher but for the limitless or infraction why not

View attachment 118406

View attachment 118407

View attachment 118408

View attachment 118409

View attachment 118410

View attachment 118411
They do look gorgeous 🤩 if I were to fit them it'll be on a street car. Although they add weight and wouldn't fair in a crash as well as the stock ones will

The stock aluminum is good enough for strut tower, Ack bars, etc... for a street car I think. Here's the aluminum I've considered....

Already done:
Front upper control arm mount
F/R chassis braces
Center diff H mount

Eventually:
F/R knuckles
Diff cups

Debatable:
Lower suspension mounts (maybe)
Bulkheads (weight, probably not)

Aluminum arms on a road car is fine if you're not a crasher, but that one time that's it. The stock ones are pretty good I think, the aluminum does look real nice though.

Definitely don't fit aluminium A arms!

The GPM parts I've fitted to my Felony (the same chassis as your Infraction) are the chassis braces and the centre diff mount
Im thinking these are the same parts I am going to start with. For the flash I would love to do knuckles F/R. Shock towers look a little complicated to do. This is subjective, is there better then GPM?

Im thinking these are the same parts I am going to start with. For the flash I would love to do knuckles F/R. Shock towers look a little complicated to do. This is subjective, is there better then GPM?
Pretty much anything else aftermarket. GPM is more bling, sort of a form over function type of parts manufacturer.
Scorched rc parts just off the top of my head makes some nice titanium ones almost as strong as steel but super light.

I did the diff mount and the braces pretty quick. The shock towers are already aluminum.

A lot of people don't like GPM, but I use it all over my other street rig just fine. Cant beat the price. Not the best brand for off road or jumping over roofs, that's what the crazy expensive alloy parts are for. If the part is already aluminum out the box then I wouldnt replace it with GPM either.

Their drivetrain stuff I would avoid and maybe diff cups... but I hear so many pros/cons about all the diff cup brands.

What they said ^ 👍

For the Infraction/Felony/Limitless platform, Scorched Parts sell parts in titanium and carbon fibre (I went with CF shock towers and CF tower-to-tower brace) and Custom RC Upgrades do carbon fibre parts too

Both are UK based though... I'm unsure of other sellers across the pond besides Hot Racing and M2C. M2C may not make a lot of Infraction parts, but the parts they do make are premium 👌

I am surprised to see Scorched RC on this list. I looked at their titanium front and rear shafts. Can't decide if I want to go Scorched for titanium or GPM for CVD shafts, any help?

So I am looking at one of the parts from GPM and need someone with the part to chime in please, this means you Ajag. GPM P/N MAK015FA shows a picture of the Arrma AR320500 center brace mount but lists it to Arrma P/N AR320195 which is the top plate.
First picture is the GPM RC part and second is the Arrma part that they list in the description. What part will I get?

b_mak015fa_SUB_4.jpg

32YXGFD333BETHFHVCZX848MGXTF242EZT9MUF4ATJ2YZHQ3KT.jpg

So I am looking at one of the parts from GPM and need someone with the part to chime in please, this means you Ajag. GPM P/N MAK015FA shows a picture of the Arrma AR320500 center brace mount but lists it to Arrma P/N AR320195 which is the top plate.
First picture is the GPM RC part and second is the Arrma part that they list in the description. What part will I get?

View attachment 118605

View attachment 118606
You get the silver part there
Which is where the front center brace mounts to
It sits on top of the factory arrma red aluminum plate
Like this
They also have one for the rear
I wouldn’t recommend the gpm shafts

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

View attachment 118406

View attachment 118407

View attachment 118408

View attachment 118409

View attachment 118410

View attachment 118411
All that bling and EC5/IC5 connectors ... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I am surprised to see Scorched RC on this list. I looked at their titanium front and rear shafts. Can't decide if I want to go Scorched for titanium or GPM for CVD shafts, any help?
I think the titanium ones are lighter but I can't remember.

View attachment 118406

View attachment 118407

View attachment 118408

View attachment 118409

View attachment 118410

View attachment 118411
Two Amazing looking rigs. Love it!!!

I just got a Kraton EXB tonight (smile ear to ear) so my infraction is my speedy truck. I would actually like to do aluminum upper arms and keep the plastic lower. I did get the center H mount and (please don't judge) silver brake rotors that do nothing but make me happy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back