Granite Granite V2 body fit on V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeki

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
Just got a Granite V3... I'll be receiving a $25 gift card through Horizon that I wanted to put toward an extra/spare body. Do I have to buy one of the V3 styles or will the older ones still fit? Some of the older colors look pretty cool. I'd prefer not to punch holes, although I could for sure...

I think if it was the other way round (V3 body on a V1 or V2) the body may need trimming because of the different bumpers. I vaguely remember this being mentioned in a YT video

I think if it was the other way round (V3 body on a V1 or V2) the body may need trimming because of the different bumpers. I vaguely remember this being mentioned in a YT video
Nope the body fits I have both chassis nothing needs to be done

I have a V2 and was looking to get a V3 so I looked at the body posts and they have different part #.
Although not sure if that means that the holes are in different locations.

The holes fit, but as already mentioned, when putting the V3 body on V2, you need the higher body mount. V2 will fit on V3.

Just got a Granite V3... I'll be receiving a $25 gift card through Horizon that I wanted to put toward an extra/spare body. Do I have to buy one of the V3 styles or will the older ones still fit? Some of the older colors look pretty cool. I'd prefer not to punch holes, although I could for sure...
Do you want a pre-painted body or do you want to play around with customizing a clear body shell? One of the reasons I go into this hobby was to design cool looking bodies and other parts for my rigs. Since I'm a model maker and also a 3D print hobbyist, it's a perfect fit. It's kinda 50/50 for me regarding driving and tinkering.

Do you want a pre-painted body or do you want to play around with customizing a clear body shell? One of the reasons I go into this hobby was to design cool looking bodies and other parts for my rigs. Since I'm a model maker and also a 3D print hobbyist, it's a perfect fit. It's kinda 50/50 for me regarding driving and tinkering.
I think custom paint is cool... I just don't have the time or money for the extra supplies.

I was probably just going to get one of the pre-painted ones.

I think custom paint is cool... I just don't have the time or money for the extra supplies.

I was probably just going to get one of the pre-painted ones.
Got it. One thing to consider is the cost of a clear body being $30-50 instead of $75-100. The paint is not that expensive if you choose a theme that only has 2-3 colors. I can understand not having time to spend designing and crafting but the results are custom and can be cool.

Below are two of my projects.
The first one was certainly time-consuming and much more difficult but I wanted an Evan Stewart replica based on an SC truck.

1606073002728.png

Inspiration for project #2
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.25.25 AM.png

OUTCOME:

1606073470530.png

1606073362336.png

I have a V2 and was looking to get a V3 so I looked at the body posts and they have different part #.
Although not sure if that means that the holes are in different locations.
Follow this Bub did you see the switch arou? they both fit the same

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Got it. One thing to consider is the cost of a clear body being $30-50 instead of $75-100. The paint is not that expensive if you choose a theme that only has 2-3 colors. I can understand not having time to spend designing and crafting but the results are custom and can be cool.

Below are two of my projects.
The first one was certainly time-consuming and much more difficult but I wanted an Evan Stewart replica based on an SC truck.

View attachment 110447

Inspiration for project #2
View attachment 110448

OUTCOME:

View attachment 110450
View attachment 110449
Granite V2 body is $30... painted with decals. But ok.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back