Big Rock Guesses and GPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ransom 65

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello good people's.

So I put a 2050kv system in a big rock. It has:
Metal diffs/spur
Metal cvd's
23T pinion.

I have tires for bashing (belted 2.8 trenchers), but nothing for speed runs. I'll also take suggestions on softer tires. I was thinking the backflips would be a little better for bashing and grass runs.

I never planned on speed runs, but after I finally got it in good working order and saw how it performed...I'm curious. It rained and I was skidding around. On 6s, around 40 or so, I was maybe half throttle and goosed it for giggles. It ripped loose and did a gnarley 4 wheels burnout and started cycloning.

Does anyone have a random idea how fast this thing could be? Or has a suggestion for a gps I could get to find out?

Trying to avoid going crazy cus I don't wanna have to get a long range transmitter and truly just have awful eyes. I wouldn't be able to see it/control it anyways lol

Thanks in advance 🍻

Hello good people's.

So I put a 2050kv system in a big rock. It has:
Metal diffs/spur
Metal cvd's
23T pinion.

I have tires for bashing (belted 2.8 trenchers), but nothing for speed runs. I'll also take suggestions on softer tires. I was thinking the backflips would be a little better for bashing and grass runs.

I never planned on speed runs, but after I finally got it in good working order and saw how it performed...I'm curious. It rained and I was skidding around. On 6s, around 40 or so, I was maybe half throttle and goosed it for giggles. It ripped loose and did a gnarley 4 wheels burnout and started cycloning.

Does anyone have a random idea how fast this thing could be? Or has a suggestion for a gps I could get to find out?

Trying to avoid going crazy cus I don't wanna have to get a long range transmitter and truly just have awful eyes. I wouldn't be able to see it/control it anyways lol

Thanks in advance 🍻

LoL thats how it starts man! 🤣
Skyrc gnss is what I and most use. Was $75 last I looked and when I bought mine.

What all does that read? I skimmed through the description and it was saying to "use it after every mod to track performance" something or other. Is it just speed or does it read more info too?
LoL thats how it starts man! 🤣
Skyrc gnss is what I and most use. Was $75 last I looked and when I bought mine.
I knoowww 🤦‍♂️ I was against doing speed runs too cus there's nowhere really to do that around me. Plus I got bad eye balls. I can barely keep my eyes on it now, how am I supposed to see that sucker on the horizon, doing what ever speed, in both directions 😂 I know I'm gonna go out and wreck it at top speed lol

What all does that read? I skimmed through the description and it was saying to "use it after every mod to track performance" something or other. Is it just speed or does it read more info too?

I knoowww 🤦‍♂️ I was against doing speed runs too cus there's nowhere really to do that around me. Plus I got bad eye balls. I can barely keep my eyes on it now, how am I supposed to see that sucker on the horizon, doing what ever speed, in both directions 😂 I know I'm gonna go out and wreck it at top speed lol

Hey you don't have to send them 100+ to enjoy seeing where your at speed wise. I like to use mine also just to see what mph my gear changes get me. My basher's all seem to go between 47-49mph. I find it interesting they're all so close yet so different vehicle wise lol.
The quickest thing I own (mp9) only hits 36mph 🤣

60+ mph is what's listed for speed. Truth is, it's rare that any given two of ethe same make and model RCs are the same speed wise. Simply because there are many variables. Like bearings. It only takes one faulty bearing ti slow the rig down a bit . Others are tires, weight, batteries used etc. But for a general idea, say you put speed pinion in, set it up right, have the perfect surface and perfect throttle timing, that 60 mph or more is attainable. Here is one way variables can play out:
Thread 'Stock Electronics Typhon 6S - 98MPH' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/stock-electronics-typhon-6s-98mph.62615/

This guy posted some pretty awesome runs on stock electronics and tires a deal of us would have thought not possible. Yet he did it.

60+ mph is what's listed for speed. Truth is, it's rare that any given two of ethe same make and model RCs are the same speed wise. Simply because there are many variables. Like bearings. It only takes one faulty bearing ti slow the rig down a bit . Others are tires, weight, batteries used etc. But for a general idea, say you put speed pinion in, set it up right, have the perfect surface and perfect throttle timing, that 60 mph or more is attainable. Here is one way variables can play out:
Thread 'Stock Electronics Typhon 6S - 98MPH' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/stock-electronics-typhon-6s-98mph.62615/

This guy posted some pretty awesome runs on stock electronics and tires a deal of us would have thought not possible. Yet he did it.
That's absolutely bonkers...

I don't think I'm gonna get anywhere near that. I built it as a heavy basher, haven't even changed the stock plastic pivot balls. Everything is so sloppy and worn out that the balls fall out of the joints every time I take em out and I just hold 'em back in to assemble 😂 I really don't plan on building it for anything more than a harsh basher.

Great video and info though! Lots of good points, I appreciate your time to post 🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back