Kraton Has anyone installed a S905 the 1/5 scale S8 servo in the 1/8 S6 kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moush

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Ok the title box says just type here . This is here I type questio.

Anyone install 1/5 S905 spektrum servo in the 1/8 S6 KRATON

That would be a neat trick. One with no advantage at all. None. It's too large. Need a 15T splined servo Horn and servo mount for it that will fit the 1/8 chassis Steering belcrank.
There are many Standard size servos that will out perform the "Large scale" S905 in a 1/8 scale chassis. It isn't even a "True 1/5 scale" servo. It's shorter. Don't bother. S905 aint all that anyway. It's only 40kg's and slow as a dog. A cheap $40. RTR servo. It is just larger geared for heavier 1/5 wheels/chassis. And it sucks on the 8s rigs out the box. The S905 struggles in the RTR 8s rigs.
I haven't tried . Would never even consider it.
My 2 cents. :cool:

Last edited:
I have been loving these AGF servos… brushless, waterproof, metal gear and case and they don’t lie about their torque specs. 55kg is probably more than enough for most 1/8 scale applications. Best of all, no mods necessary to get it to fit….

0E6483E5-0A47-41AE-A0DD-1CFFCA074013.jpeg

I have been loving these AGF servos… brushless, waterproof, metal gear and case and they don’t lie about their torque specs. 55kg is probably more than enough for most 1/8 scale applications. Best of all, no mods necessary to get it to fit….

View attachment 291175
1+

I have a collection of AFGRC, this one included. It’s basically a rebrand “perfect pass” servo.

That would be a neat trick. One with no advantage at all. None. It's too large. Need a 15T splined servo Horn and servo mount for it that will fit the 1/8 chassis Steering belcrank.
There are many Standard size servos that will out perform the "Large scale" S905 in a 1/8 scale chassis. It isn't even a "True 1/5 scale" servo. It's shorter. Don't bother. S905 aint all that anyway. It's only 40kg's and slow as a dog. A cheap $40. RTR servo. It is just larger geared for heavier 1/5 wheels/chassis. And it sucks on the 8s rigs out the box. The S905 struggles in the RTR 8s rigs.
I did it because I'm tired of hitec servos underpowered and failing . So far it's good . There seems to be differences in torque specs . Because its only 500oz but standard 500 oz servos are not like this . Has a huge 370 or 380 motor compared to little tiny ones. They gear the standards to get torque and it's not goid enough . It's quick enough and loads of power . I can go with 8.4 v but it's too much . So 6.0 is fine

I know it's poor servo being spektrum . I have it on 1/8 not 1/5 . It's going good .

I did it because I'm tired of hitec servos underpowered and failing . So far it's good . There seems to be differences in torque specs . Because its only 500oz but standard 500 oz servos are not like this . Has a huge 370 or 380 motor compared to little tiny ones. They gear the standards to get torque and it's not goid enough . It's quick enough and loads of power . I can go with 8.4 v but it's too much . So 6.0 is fine
I’m late to the party, so what! I love the idea of throwing a 1/5 servo in there. Especially for my KXL with big heavy trenchers. I’ve even been thinking about putting 24mm hex adapters on and running some nice 1/5 belted on roads.
—High speed, big wheels, servo saver delete… 1/5 servo starts to make a lot of sense, even if the truck itself doesn’t lol

I’m late to the party, so what! I love the idea of throwing a 1/5 servo in there. Especially for my KXL with big heavy trenchers. I’ve even been thinking about putting 24mm hex adapters on and running some nice 1/5 belted on roads.
—High speed, big wheels, servo saver delete… 1/5 servo starts to make a lot of sense, even if the truck itself doesn’t lol
I ran 24mm hubs on my xl with 1/5 wheels and a Promodeler Standard Servo, DS470BLHV with no issues for a long time.
The tires just seemed too large and I went down to 17mm hubs with smaller tires and the car drives much better.

IMG_20220506_143057.jpg
IMG_20220129_021030.jpg
IMG_20220129_014848.jpg

I ran 24mm hubs on my xl with 1/5 wheels and a Promodeler Standard Servo, DS470BLHV with no issues for a long time.
The tires just seemed too large and I went down to 17mm hubs with smaller tires and the car drives much better.

View attachment 356813View attachment 356815View attachment 356816
Wow that’s fkn beautiful bud! I wouldn’t do 1/5 off roads, way to heavy, was thinking more of a low pro belted on road, or even Gone Bananas foams for a couple speed runs

Back