Big Rock Has anyone successfully installed these Arrma Rear Mud Guards?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,
First time hobby grade rc owner here. I recently purchased these Arrma Rear Mud Guards. ARA330730. No instructions on how or where exactly to install them and absolutely no hardware. Does anyone out there have these and successfully gotten them installed securely? Did they help at all? Could you please show me a few pics or give me a detailed description of how to do this?
Thanks, in advance for your help!

Screenshot_20240328_010907_Gallery.jpg

Hello,
First time hobby grade rc owner here. I recently purchased these Arrma Rear Mud Guards. ARA330730. No instructions on how or where exactly to install them and absolutely no hardware. Does anyone out there have these and successfully gotten them installed securely? Did they help at all? Could you please show me a few pics or give me a detailed description of how to do this?
Thanks, in advance for your help!

View attachment 357365

Those are for the 6S Typhons..

Those are for the 6S Typhons..
Oh really? Amazon in Canada just said they were for 1:10. I guess thats why there are no pre drilled holes in the arms. Do you think it's safe to drill holes myself for them in the plastic rear arms?

Could probably zip tie them on? (y)

Last edited:
Couple probably zip tie them on? (y)

+1
Agreed.

Try some zip ties.
At least you can remove them easily if they don't work out.

This way you're not weakening those suspension arms.

Oh really? Amazon in Canada just said they were for 1:10. I guess thats why there are no pre drilled holes in the arms. Do you think it's safe to drill holes myself for them in the plastic rear arms?

Where about's are you in Canada?

I wouldn't.. drill.
No I won't. Thks for the reply!

Couple probably zip tie them on? (y)
That's what I'm going to try.Thks for the advice!

+1
Agreed.

Try some zip ties.
At least you can remove them easily if they don't work out.

This way you're not weakening those suspension arms.

Where about's are you in Canada?
I'm in Northern Ontario, North Bay. Unfortunately no hobby stores up here so have to order everything online. Even a 2 ounce bottle of shock oil that you can get for $10 at most hobby stores ends up costing $35 by the time you add shipping and cross border fees.
I am very new to this hobby and am noticing arrma sells lots of parts on the website and the Horizon site that have no reference to which unit the part goes to. Because they all come from U.S. if I want to return the part I have to pay the shipping which usually ends up costing close to the value of the part so I am starting to get quite a collection of parts I can't use. Guess I'm going to have to cut down on my late night, impulse ordering and start asking pple on this forum before I hit 'place order' lol

Last edited:

I'm in Northern Ontario, North Bay. Unfortunately no hobby stores up here so have to order everything online. Even a 2 ounce bottle of shock oil that you can get for $10 at most hobby stores ends up costing $35 by the time you add shipping and cross border fees.
I am very new to this hobby and am noticing arrma sells lots of parts on the website and the Horizon site that have no reference to which unit the part goes to. Because they all come from U.S. if I want to return the part I have to pay the shipping which usually ends up costing close to the value of the part so I am starting to get quite a collection of parts I can't use. Guess I'm going to have to cut down on my late night, impulse ordering and start asking pple on this forum before I hit 'place order' lol

https://jennysrc.com/

Great prices for Arrma parts

Ouch!
That's expensive.

I am very new to this hobby and am noticing arrma sells lots of parts on the website and the Horizon site that have no reference to which unit the part goes to.

That's why you have us on this forum to help you decipher which parts goes with which model. 👍

Because they all come from U.S. if I want to return the part I have to pay the shipping which usually ends up costing close to the value of the part so I am starting to get quite a collection of parts I can't use. Guess I'm going to have to cut down on my late night, impulse ordering and start asking pple on this forum before I hit 'place order' lol

Save those parts AND label what they are as you identified which cars they go to , because I guarantee it > You will eventually collect all those other vehicles..

Ask me how I know!

(I started with ONE pre-owned Granite 3S BLX ,back in Nov. 2021 Look at my collection now..! They grew like weeds!! 🤪)

Yes I totally see that happening. I just bought my first hobby grade rc ( the big rock 3s) just before xmas and already I've started to put $$ away for the 6s big rock..lol. I tell myself its ok to be spending all my extra cash on rc stuff because there are alot worse things out there I could have gotten addicted to..lol
Thanks for the advice!

Ouch!
That's expensive.

That's why you have us on this forum to help you decipher which parts goes with which model. 👍

Save those parts AND label what they are as you identified which cars they go to , because I guarantee it > You will eventually collect all those other vehicles..

Ask me how I know!

(I started with ONE pre-owned Granite 3S BLX ,back in Nov. 2021 Look at my collection now..! They grew like weeds!! 🤪)
Have you ever tried one of those new dirt bike rc they have now? I'm not much of a dirt bike guy but I was watching a few you tube videos and they look really fun! Check out a few you tube videos of guys trying them out and that just might be yur next rc purchase! Have a good weekend! Building a new bigger ramp this weekend..lol
Check this out:

Last edited:
Back