Has anyone used Duratrax Bandito ST Belted 2.8 w/ 14mm Hex Part Number DTXC5540 On Granite Or Big Rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
New to the hobby and finding it hard to find a set of street tires for my granite and my big rock. I saw this set online and seems like it's a good fit but getting confused after talking to a hobby store employee that said the Granite and Big Rock should be running the "MT" for monster truck as the diameter is larger similar to the stock tire size of both. I'm looking for the size to be as close to the stock as I don't want to loose top speed getting a smaller tire. Also not looking to mess with the gear as I want to flip the wheels/ tires back and forth depending on the surface I drive on.

Yes. My suggestion would be to pack a washer under the nylock nut and loctite it in. Don't over torque the nut. I found the rims to break easily and the washer helps spread the load out.

Now arrma sells those M4 wheel nuts nylock with a much bigger flange so I dunno but I needed to pack a washer underneath. I found one that perfectly filled the recess.

I had six packs and banditos. I preferred the six packs as an all surface kind of tire. I found the banditos were awesome but wore quickly and the rubber compound seemed softer so eventually what happened was the beadlock didn't work so well.

They were great tires aside from me blowing out one rim when it pulled off the axle and wheel nut before I put washers.. eventually the beadlock failed and the foam ejected itself and exploded.

Then we went to 17mm hexes and run off road tires or hoons.

Upgrading to 17mm hexes was a very good 10/10 highly recommended upgrade.

New to the hobby and finding it hard to find a set of street tires for my granite and my big rock. I saw this set online and seems like it's a good fit but getting confused after talking to a hobby store employee that said the Granite and Big Rock should be running the "MT" for monster truck as the diameter is larger similar to the stock tire size of both. I'm looking for the size to be as close to the stock as I don't want to loose top speed getting a smaller tire. Also not looking to mess with the gear as I want to flip the wheels/ tires back and forth depending on the surface I drive on.
Just wondering what you decided to do ..? I was originally after the Bandito MT my LHS does not have a set of MT’s and recommended the ST. The specs are pretty close between both the MT and ST. In the description it mentions for the Arrma Granite I don’t know why the would specifically call that model out ? Interested to here what you did.
I have attached the specs from Horizon for the factory tires to compare with the MT and ST

4EC9328F-10BF-44B4-AC29-96524ACE9F15.png

8223881C-CA57-4BD3-BD52-6C8769CBDCC5.png

024F0E55-CFC3-4733-BFE7-109ACAFB6A06.png

The specs are for the DTX5530-ST and DTX5536-MT

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back