Feedback on Kaiju tires on Big Rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Thinking of getting new shoes for the Big Rock 1/10. Redcat Kaiju 1/8 tires (p/n RER12485) look great but have 12mm 17mm hexes.

Anyone run these? Recommended them?

IMG_4807.jpeg

IMG_4808.jpeg

IMG_4809.jpeg

Last edited:
Kaiju tires are 17mm, I’ve used them on a talion 6s and they were great.
My bad. I meant 17mm. Thanks for correcting me and the feedback.

I wouldn’t. The big rock is nice and nimble with the stock tires (and similar size tires). The Kaiju tires are much taller and heavier.

I wouldn’t. The big rock is nice and nimble with the stock tires (and similar size tires). The Kaiju tires are much taller and heavier.
Yea, I was thinking about that after my reply up there ^

These wheels would be very heavy on a little truck like that. They are almost the size of backflip LP’s… pretty big on a BR 1/10

While the Kaiju's tires aren't the heaviest in their size category, the added rotating mass would put alot of strain on the driveshafts and diffs. If you do go that route with the stock big rock (obviously you'd need to change out for 17mm hex capable axles like from the typhon 3s) then i'd anticipate drivetrain repairs in your future.

The Kaiju wheel offset is also different than Arrma's, so expect it would stick out quite far.

I run them on my 6s Maxx and on my Fireteam build. I like them quite a bit. I had a Big Rock that I ran Maxx tires on and it seemed to run pretty well with a gear change.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back