Have you ever heard that arrma will change their XT90 plug to EC5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd pick up another battery with an EC5 for the new Senton 3s. Rather do that for now than change everything in the other 3 trucks and existing batteries :)

Yeah, I have (2) 3s packs that I use on the Outcast sitll but Ill prob just donate those to the ec5 senton and get another 6s and scrap the piggy back wires on both the big trucks...

yep...Axial makes nice stuff for rock climbing from what i have seen....Specialty.... Like Arrma....

I guess my question is which is better if any? I have no experience with EC5 yet...I do have the xt90s come unconnected every once in a while..
The only downside I see to EC5 over XT90 is that they are a major pain in the butt to try to reuse. You have to push the bullets out of the plug in order to unsolder them.
When you buy them they come like this and you solder the wire into the bullet then shove the bullet into the plug.
EFLAEC503_a0.jpg

Yeah, Im just gonna switch my 3s packs to EC5 and see how it goes...If I have any issues I will know... The senton prob isnt gonna be hard enough on them to really know but ill see...

Yeah, Im just gonna switch my 3s packs to EC5 and see how it goes...If I have any issues I will know... The senton prob isnt gonna be hard enough on them to really know but ill see...
I haven't used EC5 connectors but I did have some Ecx rcs that came with EC3 connectors and they worked just as well as my XT60s do. They are easy to grip and never came unplugged by themselves.

I think the xt90's are good plugs...The only time I have them come loose is when my son bashes a wall at 40mph. motor wires come off too.. I saw a few vids of Rich D saying that all he uses are EC5's so im curious because of that only...

Is there a standard when it comes to connectors and battery output ? I just received our granite 4x4 blx today and I read online at the specs that it came with ec3 connectors , so I ordered batteries and got my charger setup for ec3. Unboxed the granite and low and behold, ec5 connector.

I live in a remote area and a hobby shop is hundreds of miles away, a friend of mine is into drones and has a stash of xt60 connectors, I’m thinking about soldering all of them into the esc, battery and charger. Is that an alright connector to use? I mainly want to be able to have my son drive the truck on Xmas morning since it was bought for him.

And if I order the proper ec5 connectors, they won’t be here on time. Soooooo thinking of doing the xt60 connector swap unless it’s not the right one to use?

There is no way in hell that this household will be changing 12 rigs, and 20 batteries over to EC5. I'm not saying they are not good connectors, but that's way more soldering across 3 brands that I am not willing to do. Zero problems with the XT90 connectors, so no reason to switch. Also from the get go, the Tactic radios felt a bit flimsy to use. Then I picked up a DX2E from Spectrum. It feels like a giant toy grade transmitter in your hand. Not cool. Just my opinion.... So there will be a few more Futuba receivers being picked up for the T3PV radio that supports 12 profiles I think? Maybe 10. But its a killer Transmitter. Again, all my opinion.

Is there a standard when it comes to connectors and battery output ? I just received our granite 4x4 blx today and I read online at the specs that it came with ec3 connectors , so I ordered batteries and got my charger setup for ec3. Unboxed the granite and low and behold, ec5 connector.

I live in a remote area and a hobby shop is hundreds of miles away, a friend of mine is into drones and has a stash of xt60 connectors, I’m thinking about soldering all of them into the esc, battery and charger. Is that an alright connector to use? I mainly want to be able to have my son drive the truck on Xmas morning since it was bought for him.

And if I order the proper ec5 connectors, they won’t be here on time. Soooooo thinking of doing the xt60 connector swap unless it’s not the right one to use?

Sorry you read that the Granite 4x4 BLX had an EC3 connector. That was some bad information, where did you see it ?

XT60 will work for that truck. Anything bigger you would want XT90 or larger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back