Have you ever heard that arrma will change their XT90 plug to EC5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcxlfjhe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Talion
It said that Arrma Acquired by horizon hobby, and they'll change their XT90 plug into EC5 plug. have you ever heard that?

From what I was told the 2019 models will all have EC5 connectors. Supposedly we are supposed to get Spektrum and Dynamite electronics too.

I know the EC5 is a equal or better plug but what is up with the electronics? Are they a better alternative?

ok, yeah, I thought I was out of the loop on that....I guess its a new product....Im actually kind of disappointed that Arrma will be owned by Horizon.... They had a special thing going in my eyes...I hope Horizon doesn't wreck that...

It said that Arrma Acquired by horizon hobby, and they'll change their XT90 plug into EC5 plug. have you ever heard that?

Just saw this earlier on this post....Thats why I asked...Hopefully the language was incorrect....Acquired for sales vs. ownership...

I don't think Horizon Owns Arrma, they just distribute for them???

From what I understand Hobbico acquired Arrma in 2015.
Then (during bankruptcy proceedings brought about by the Traxxas lawsuit) Horizon Hobby acquired Hobbico's RC business (ie Arrma, Axial, Great Planes, Tower Hobbies) in April 2018.

I could see Arrma changing to EC5 and Spektrum radios just to get AVC. The BLX escs are kind of all there own like Traxxas with VXL models is the name BLX or VXL because of the power plant or the model I would say it's the former rather than the latter.

I know the EC5 is a equal or better plug but what is up with the electronics? Are they a better alternative?
Both Arrma and Losi use rebranded Hobbywing WP8BL150 escs and rebranded Hobbywing motors, so the only difference will be the name on the esc and the color and kv of the motor.

I could see Arrma changing to EC5 and Spektrum radios just to get AVC. The BLX escs are kind of all there own like Traxxas with VXL models is the name BLX or VXL because of the power plant or the model I would say it's the former rather than the latter.
Personally I don't want the Spektrum radios, because they are going to go with the Spektrum DX2E, quite possibly one of the ugliest, cheapest feeling and looking and bulky rtr radios on the planet. The DX2E also has a ginormous plastic steering wheel instead of the standard size foam rubber wheel most other radios have.

oh do you like XT90?
Well, I changed them as I bought batteries. I now have 3 cars which have the xt90 and one with deans t plug. Still use an adapter on that one and it is only a 3s max car. I like them okay, they never come unplug but you need to have hands like George the Animal Steele to get them apart. Some more so than others. Also I like the Amass (sp?) plugs as apposed to the cheap no name ones. The Amass have an extra plastic piece which supports the wire connection.

The EC5 are really nice but I am far to lazy to change until I have to.

Well, I changed them as I bought batteries. I now have 3 cars which have the xt90 and one with deans t plug. Still use an adapter on that one and it is only a 3s max car. I like them okay, they never come unplug but you need to have hands like George the Animal Steele to get them apart. Some more so than others. Also I like the Amass (sp?) plugs as apposed to the cheap no name ones. The Amass have an extra plastic piece which supports the wire connection.

The EC5 are really nice but I am far to lazy to change until I have to.
Don't buy the eBay cheapies, they suck and are a major pain in the *** to separate from other brand connectors. I swear I about broke my hand one time trying to unplug my batteries.

Both Arrma and Losi use rebranded Hobbywing WP8BL150 escs and rebranded Hobbywing motors, so the only difference will be the name on the esc and the color and kv of the motor.

Personally I don't want the Spektrum radios, because they are going to go with the Spektrum DX2E, quite possibly one of the ugliest, cheapest feeling and looking and bulky rtr radios on the planet. The DX2E also has a ginormous plastic steering wheel instead of the standard size foam rubber wheel most other radios have.
Losi is also one of horizon brands?

Last edited:
Is anyone switching from XT90 to EC5? I just got a senton and now I have an odd ball...Anyone have insight on whether it is worth to switch my other cars to EC5 or just adapt the ec5 to xt???

Is anyone switching from XT90 to EC5? I just got a senton and now I have an odd ball...Anyone have insight on whether it is worth to switch my other cars to EC5 or just adapt the ec5 to xt???
You can do whatever you would like. You could either swap over all of your stuff going forward to XT90 or you could swap everything that you already have over to EC5. I have switched all of my vehicles and batteries over to XT150 connectors so no matter what I buy I am soldering on new connectors.

I guess my question is which is better if any? I have no experience with EC5 yet...I do have the xt90s come unconnected every once in a while..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back