Kraton HAVE YOU SEEN THIS? Center Solid Axle Diff for Arrma Kraton 6s??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigertodd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Have you guys heard of this? A solid center diff/ spur gear? I’m guessing there are no planetary or sun gears? Would this work and would it be good to use or ruin the truck?

It looks beefy and the gear looks thicker which is was I’m looking for. The pinion gear is so much wider than the stock spur gear and I roasted my pinion gear recently and wondered why it’s so thin?
IMG_1996.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2341401387...-X8A8U1QZO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_1997.jpeg

Yeah that is just a Locked Center Spool. And not used for the OFF road models. It's Nothing new at all.
These are used for dedicated Speed Run On road Arrma models. For 100mph +speeds on clean pavement.
Need a working "geared" Center differential for most any Off road running or risk ruining the whole Drivetrain.

I hope you are not considering using it only because no diff gears are used and seems simpler and less $$ than a Differential. That Fleabay listing is not really correct, Should list it as a ""Spool for the Limitless, Infr. And the Felony. Not for the Kraton. It will fit. (y)
Just not correct to use in the Kraton 6s Off road models. (n)And the Spur gear is too Small for the Overall final drive of the Kraton.
I you want to speed run the Kraton exclusively, then you do whatever you want. Just don't expect to do much off roading well with it.
Hope this makes sense.
:cool:

Last edited:
Yeah that is just a Locked Center Spool. And not used for the OFF road models. It's Nothing new at all.
These are used for dedicated Speed Run On road Arrma models. For 100mph +speeds on clean pavement.
Need a working "geared" Center differential for most any Off road running or risk ruining the whole Drivetrain.

I hope you are not considering using it only because no diff gears are used and seems simpler and less $$ than a Differential. That Fleabay listing is not really correct, Should list it as a ""Spool for the Limitless, Infr. And the Felony. Not for the Kraton. It will fit. (y)
Just not correct to use in the Kraton 6s Off road models. (n)And the Spur gear is too Small for the Overall final drive of the Kraton.
I you want to speed run the Kraton exclusively, then you do whatever you want. Just don't expect to do much off roading well with it.
Hope this makes sense.
:cool:
Makes sense. I just want a spur gear that is as wide as the pinion gear. More contact points. My spur gear roasted my pinion gear recently and after looking at it for the first time (I just got it M2C/Kraton) I noticed how thin the spur gear is compared to the pinion. I was thinking of hitting these guys up for a custom spur gear.https://www.pic-design.com/products...p72oSP-WkS8hR-dE-tzKaLpPGuzFqpURoCmasQAvD_BwE

It’s uncommon to have a spur take out a pinion - it’s usually the other way around. If your spur toasted your pinion, you likely have the gear mesh set too tight, or you might also have two different hardness levels on the gears, i.e. the spur is hardened and the pinion is not.

Tekno pinions or Saga Customs make the best pinions. Stock spurs, any size are fine. User error gets the best of the spurs IMHO.
Also, as the Pinions wear out, they will eventually take out the Spur with it over time. Stock Arrma pinions suck. Mostly the problem. From my experience the smaller ones wearing out faster and doing the most damage to the spur.
Watch for proper mesh. A check and adjustment here and there matters. I like them on the tighter side. On the looser side, contributes to accelerated wear of both gears.
On occasison it can even be debris, dirt or the smallest pebble that will trash both gears in a heartbeat. Can't really control that sometimes. Depends where you like to bash. Graveled sandy areas for example.
Gears are just wearable consumable parts at some point. Mostly the much smaller pinions going first. Having the least Tooth count.

Last edited:
Tekno pinions or Saga Customs make the best pinions. Stock spurs, any size are fine. User error gets the best of the spurs IMHO.
Also, as the Pinions wear out, they will eventually take out the Spur with it over time. Stock Arrma pinions suck. Mostly the problem. From my experience the smaller ones wearing out faster and doing the most damage to the spur.
Watch for proper mesh. A check and adjustment here and there matters. I like them on the tighter side. On the looser side, contributes to accelerated wear of both gears.
On occasison it can even be debris, dirt or the smallest pebble that will trash both gears in a heartbeat. Can't really control that sometimes. Depends where you like to bash. Graveled sandy areas for example.
Gears are just wearable consumable parts at some point. Mostly the much smaller pinions going first. Having the least Tooth count.
Thx guys for the info. It all makes sense and maybe it was the gravel parking lot that toasted the pinion gear.
Now I’m dealing with the rear diff…
The input gear has a ton of play F to B and is toast.
I just ordered the:
Arrma KRATON 6s EXB - DIFFERENTIAL (REAR open diff set new GP4 2020 Arrma ARA106053
From dirt cheap rc.
I’m hoping the beefed up output and main gear will help with all the power I have. Max6 motor/esc and 10000 mah 120c batteries. I can’t even use all of the power I have atm. I need a wheelie bar. Haha. I think I need to turn the punch down to 3 at least and run a smaller pinion as the 20 is nuts.

Absolutely turn the Punch down . It helps greatly. And turn down any Timing if the ESC has that setting also. With a better upgrade radio, Throttle Exponential can also dial out some of that unleashed power as well. Your Drivetrain will thank you, and overal driving ability will improve greatly.
Many make their rigs way overpowered, just because they can.
It's ok to live on the RC edge like that, just with that, comes other considerations, and their trials and tribulations. Part of the hobby,

Hmm I didn’t know about the timing on the esc. I’m kinda new to this hobby. I’ll have to take a second look at that. What do you mean by timing? I only know about that in the automotive world. I’m guessing that’s an option with a controller like DX5pro?
Btw I didn’t build this truck. I’m the 3rd owner. So it’s a mixed up of quality parts. M2C, hot racing, hobbywing. The truck will probably have $2k+ into it when done. lol. It’s mental.

Hmm I didn’t know about the timing on the esc. I’m kinda new to this hobby. I’ll have to take a second look at that. What do you mean by timing? I only know about that in the automotive world. I’m guessing that’s an option with a controller like DX5pro?
Btw I didn’t build this truck. I’m the 3rd owner. So it’s a mixed up of quality parts. M2C, hot racing, hobbywing. The truck will probably have $2k+ into it when done. lol. It’s mental.
Depending on your ESC, you may, or may not, have a timing parameter to adjust. If you have something like a Hobbywing Max6, you don't have to worry about timing.... which is a good thing IMO.

Timing Explained for Brushless Motor and ESC’s... https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/timing-explained-for-brushless-motor-and-escs/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back