Big Rock Having problems charging a battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're charging a 2 or 3 cell pack the charger isn't recognizing one or more of the cells. Either the balance plug is connected backwards or the battery pack is bad.

If you're charging a 2 or 3 cell pack the charger isn't recognizing one or more of the cells. Either the balance plug is connected backwards or the battery pack is bad.
What @JREEVES said. If it has charged for you in the past and this is a new issue be careful that battery has become unstable and has become unsafe. Great video, it helps show us what is up! PS that lipo needs to be on something that will not combust, even a cookie tray under it would be better.

Might want to upgrade your Lipo charger at some point. One with more info/ a display type charger. It will tell you the condition of each cell. Its Internal Resistance as well as exact Voltage of each cell. A Lipo Testor is always good to have to verify this as well.
But yeah the issue is most probably one or more cells went south.
The charger is actualy doing its job. (y)
It has tested/ failed that lipo pack IMHO. Won't charge it. To prevent a fire.
Stop using that lipo.
Put it outside your home. Then recycle it.
Good luck.:cool:

Thank you so much ..
My truck crashed and was out of action for 5 months. I should have discharged the battery for that time length but my charger does not do that 😭 maybe that's why it's broken ?

Thank you so much ..
My truck crashed and was out of action for 5 months. I should have discharged the battery for that time length but my charger does not do that 😭 maybe that's why it's broken ?

All the more reason to get a better charger ... It is wise to get a charger wchich allows you to use (charge/storage/discharge) your lipos the way is safe and secures longer life of your packs.

I have several chargers (Spektrum/Traxxas/Graupner/Gens.Ace) and must say I really like the Gens.Ace Imars chargers ... I got the Imars dual and find it very covenient to use and it has all the functions you need. They have a single version as well with either a Uk or Europe connector.

Childish Arrma forum auto correction prohibits posting a link to the product.

Plenty of cheap chargers out there. It would pay to get a nicer one that you can "grow with". But if you wanted budget, I would go for a SkyRC B6AC or one of the many copies out there. Pretty basic and won't break the bank.

Something like this (OR similar)
https://a.co/d/gNOpy17

Yeah any contemporary charger these days will have a storage cycle mode. Lipos cost alot. Cant skimp on a charger. I have a B6AC charger. Still works after so many years. Has Storage mode. (y)Just it's underpowered, so it takes me very long to charge just one large pack. Well over an hour. Sometimes it will just time out.(n)
I recently got my dual channel ISDT K2 Air. Can charge (2) 6s 6k mah bricks in under 40 minutes every time. $150. USD average pricing.
Maybe too expensive for your budget, but it will future proof you in this hobby.
I second the SkyRC B6AC for budgetary reasons. (y) Should fit the bill. Around $50. USD.
I have a legit one, not a copy. But the 2-line display seems outdated compared to my D6 Duo and K2 Air. ( with full color screen menu)
I am spoiled with 2 channel chargers. I wouldn't buy a single channel charger anymore.
>>>$150. is not expensive when you consider it is the same as having 2 chargers.(y)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back