I said I wouldn't, but here we are!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
  2. Outcast EXB
When I joined the forum I was convinced a Mojave was in my future. Then a couple of people suggested a Kraton so I opened my options a bit wider. Went to the LHS looked over what they had and decided a Kraton in the 6s variety would probably work for me. Love the look and stance but not a huge fan of the body. (I am a truck guy at heart but not the new stuff.) Saw the Outcast and it piqued my interest. That is when I discovered the Christmas in July Outcast 8s EXB was only $399.00. I was sold. Went to the LHS and picked one up. After reading a lot of the forums I decided to snag an Ezrun Max5 G2 along with its matching 56118 SD G2. I wanted to know what it was doing so I grabbed an OTA programmer to go with it. Another highly recommended item here on the forum is the primal servo so that was an easy choice. That and a 39T limitless pinion seemed to make sense. I have been a Futaba guy in planes so the 3PV seemed to make sense for the TX/RX. Will add more later after some obligatory pictures.

PXL_20230729_012357655.jpg

PXL_20230729_012430237.jpg

PXL_20230729_012437460.jpg

PXL_20230729_012503543.jpg

PXL_20230729_012517476.jpg

Thanks to @Jeppyjep selling me some batteries with a few more grunts in them I decided a better charger was in order. Went searching the forums again and lit on the Hota S6 with some Qs8 leads for charging since I am going to push this system hard, eventually. Picked up some additional Qs8 connectors from the LHS and stupidly looked in the case where all the batteries were. Well, when I left there were 2 fewer batteries in the case and a pair of Gens monster 4s 11,0000MAH batteries in my possession. These things are huge! Obligatory pics to follow. I need some more Qs8 connectors but think the battery and charger side is good.

PXL_20230729_012453760.jpg

PXL_20230729_012500342.jpg

PXL_20230729_012457827.jpg

Last edited:
Allways a exciting feeling from buying a new RC to getting it home. The fresh smell of new electronics ,the plastic and even the smell of a new box is so memorable.😁 Makes ya feel like a kid all over again .if you had bought the kraton you could have changed the body cover .I have seen some put nice truck covers on them .you would just have to modify the body posts plenty of options out there.personally myself ive allways liked the red outcast cover.i think it looks sweet.i love all shades of red maybey thats why🤣

Allways a exciting feeling from buying a new RC to getting it home. The fresh smell of new electronics ,the plastic and even the smell of a new box is so memorable.😁 Makes ya feel like a kid all over again .if you had bought the kraton you could have changed the body cover .I have seen some put nice truck covers on them .you would just have to modify the body posts plenty of options out there.personally myself ive allways liked the red outcast cover.i think it looks sweet.i love all shades of red maybey thats why🤣
You are so correct on feeling like a kid. Don't worry I am sure this will work perfectly on my future Kraton 8s build

Sadly that motor is not going to fit lol. Hobbywing is going to troll a lot of arrma 8s people with that new motor size. The 112mm motors were already a tight fit and didn't fit with stock bellcrank. Feelsbad!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back