Typhon Heat sink for typhon 6s??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Will this fit on my typhon 6s motor?
Screenshot 2022-10-20 9.31.24 PM.png

View attachment 251327
Have you been having heat issues? Just asking because I have a Typhon but haven't ran her hard enough to have any heat issues.
Is it something I should think about getting also?

Have you been having heat issues? Just asking because I have a Typhon but haven't ran her hard enough to have any heat issues.
Both my stock Typhons run hot as hell on 4 or 6s even when they were new, wouldn't be able to run them without those double 28k rpm fans. Just a few days ago I found out that the stock timing is set pretty high, was going to set it lower soon and see if that helps, could be the issue?

Edit: I guess I should say I couldn't run them for very long without the fans, 5-10 mins or so, heavy trigger pulls heat up the motor pretty fast.

Both my stock Typhons run hot as hell on 4 or 6s even when they were new, wouldn't be able to run them without those double 28k rpm fans. Just a few days ago I found out that the stock timing is set pretty high, was going to set it lower soon and see if that helps, could be the issue?
yea i noticed the timing by default is set high but I left it alone. I'll probably lower it some.

IDK what you would consider a heat issue, but after riding it on high (6s battery) for like 10-20 mins i cant touch the motor for 2 seconds. hold ur finger there any longer youll get burnt. it doesn't affect the overall power and handling and all that stuff, but im wondering if it is something i should look into to prevent any further issues.

IDK what you would consider a heat issue, but after riding it on high (6s battery) for like 10-20 mins i cant touch the motor for 2 seconds. hold ur finger there any longer youll get burnt. it doesn't affect the overall power and handling and all that stuff, but im wondering if it is something i should look into to prevent any further issues.
Yea that sounds about to the point I wouldn't want to get to.
I run in cool ambient temps so maybe that's the reason I haven't had it get that hot.

But what’s the temp? Putting a temp gun on it see what the real temp is what you need to do.

I've yet to have heat issues on any of my rigs. Even this past summer wasn't too bad. I think I hit 170 on a motor one time this summer.

Typically averages around 140ish (when I remeber to take my temp gun with me). Depending on ambient and driving style that day.

However, I'm not geared to the max on em and on both my Typhons, I do have 2-40mm fans on the motor and one on the esc. They blow well! So there's that. ;) :ROFLMAO: (y) 😁✌️🍻

View attachment 251327
Skip a Heatsink altogether.
Spend the money on a lower profile Fan mount with quality fan(s). like 40mm x 10m fan(s). Be careful with taller fans , may not fit under the Typhon body, or the body will smother the fan's intake. Need at least 10+mm of body height clearance above the Fan(s).
Don't need a Heatsink. Fan(s) blowing directly at the motor is better. The motor's Can alone is a already a heatsink by design anyway.🤷‍♂️

A pix from my Typhon TLRT build.

1666364194725.png

Spend the money on a lower profile Fan mount with quality fan(s). like 40mm x 10m fan(s). Be careful with taller fans , may not fit under the Typhon body, or the body will smother the fan's intake. Need at least 10+mm of body height clearance above the Fan(s).
Don't need a Heatsink. Fan(s) blowing directly at the motor is better. The motor's Can alone is a already a heatsink by design anyway.🤷‍♂️

View attachment 251369
+1 👆👆
Mine 👇👇
20221006_224027.jpg

^^^
Nice neat setup/ layout there. (y)
You simply can't run hot with that setup.:) I recommend that identical setup. Harcore cooling no doubt.

^^^
Nice neat setup/ layout there. (y)
You simply can't run hot with that setup.:) I recommend that identical setup. Harcore cooling no doubt.
@SrC and @Smilinbri
whats up with making me feel like my Typhon is sub par?!?!?!?
STOP IT!🤪
Thanks!

Yeah, figured it doesn't cost much for the fan set up, so why not overkill it. ;)

Plus, as mentioned before, I tend to forget my temp gun when I bash away from home, so this is my fail-safe! :ROFLMAO:(y)🍻✌️

Thanks!

Yeah, figured it doesn't cost much for the fan set up, so why not overkill it. ;)

Plus, as mentioned before, I tend to forget my temp gun when I bash away from home, so this is my fail-safe! :ROFLMAO:(y)🍻✌️
So far here in Washington I haven't even bothered using my temp gun. Motor gets warm at most.
Back in Hawaii? Can easily thermal if not keeping mind.

And btw, I don't give 2:poop:'s about you overkillin with fans....just stop showing the rest of us up!;):ROFLMAO:🍻

View attachment 251380
+2 I like this setup better then a heat sink. Run a sink in the past I run cooler like this by 10-15 degrees!
Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

View attachment 251380
+2 I like this setup better then a heat sink. Run a sink in the past I run cooler like this by 10-15 degrees!
I never had better cooling with any HS set up. I tested with and without. It's a no brainer. And a HS is just added weight with no advantage except maybe some Bling factor. Looks trick?:unsure: I stopped using them for several years now. Yet many want that HS in the mix. Maybe just as crutch for fan mounting purposes? Following a stock out the box setup.

View attachment 251369
Get me one.
Post a link to where i can buy them from. im all in. or do i have do make it myself?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back