HELP PLEASE with Hexfly8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Plug everything up,fan works ,power to rx works,no lights on esc or motor beeps.any ideas???????????I bout it new an quit working 8 months ago after very little use.

1633397979113490119993247692523.jpg

16333980730243028551358286377940.jpg

Hmm, I have a question.. Why is there only one jst plug, plugged into the receiver.. Also that receiver looks like poo poo mcgoo, what is that thing!! Also i don't even know what brand hex fly is lol, cant believe there is a TP on the other end of that setup!!

Hmm, I have a question.. Why is there only one jst plug, plugged into the receiver.. Also that receiver looks like poo poo mcgoo, what is that thing!! Also i don't even know what brand hex fly is lol, cant believe there is a TP on the other end of that setup!!
u funny...It's hobbywing max8 copycat.im not going to install a broke esc in car. Troubleshotting trying to get this JUNK ESC TO WORK.guess throw it in this big cheap pile of poo poo mcgoo escs I got.is castle JUNK too???

16334007764622815601805759778593.jpg

Hooked it up in another truck .
Fan,steering,rx ,on-off switch lights work.
Just no lights on esc or power to motor.if bec quit fan wouldn't work .is there a reset ????

1633401398028270254328501473828.jpg

The Hexfly8 is a Redcat RTR ESC, Hobbywing Max8 rebranded, and the reciever is a Radiolink reciever.

I don't know, does warranty cover it? That bigrock looks very familer. ;) Didja get my pm?
Ya ,I've been so busy.2,4,6yr olds.work an any spare time trying to keep up with @Edough13 & @jondilly1974 .I've got you bundle deal here ready to be shipped.also have edoughz tower that needs shipped too...also need to ship 4 broke escz to castle.all I want is a pb...won't stop till I get one..this is prime speedrun season.i haven't forgot about you all.just pushing hard for for pbz..been in the 90s here for last 3+months.its go time.ill get to it next rain delay.

Ya ,I've been so busy.2,4,6yr olds.work an any spare time trying to keep up with @Edough13 & @jondilly1974 .I've got you bundle deal here ready to be shipped.also have edoughz tower that needs shipped too...also need to ship 4 broke escz to castle.all I want is a pb...won't stop till I get one..this is prime speedrun season.i haven't forgot about you all.just pushing hard for for pbz..been in the 90s here for last 3+months.its go time.ill get to it next rain delay.
Okay, thanks! Hope you beat your PB. (y) I want to get into speedrunning, I just know I don't and won't have the money for it by reading through the speedrun section and build threads. Good luck!

Okay, thanks! Hope you beat your PB. (y) I want to get into speedrunning, I just know I don't and won't have the money for it by reading through the speedrun section and build threads. Good luck
i got some good used swb chassis, typhon diffs,an enough in the parts box to build yourself one..ALL USED PARTS..give ya a deal.or i could put most together for ya.let me now.Do you mean I hope you beat JD & EDO speeds..😆😅🤣😂 sounds like a 70s disco band.😆😅🤣😂 JD & EDO

i got some good used swb chassis, typhon diffs,an enough in the parts box to build yourself one..ALL USED PARTS..give ya a deal.or i could put most together for ya.let me now.Do you mean I hope you beat JD & EDO speeds..😆😅🤣😂 sounds like a 70s disco band.😆😅🤣😂 JD & EDO
Ok been wondering where that tower is lol was about to message ya and see if it got sent and lost or something. Good luck bro! We both got back to having smooth running rigs again, well until @jondilly1974 fried his 1717😂, and we're taking advantage and making the best of it. Just geared up a couple teeth as last 3 passes at 144, 142 and 142 haven't even seen over 360A!! Hoping to see 1-2mph per tooth so next pass hoping will be about 146-148mph🤞🏼

I think i'll pass for now, even if it's a deal, I need to be saving my money for a real car. Thanks though! Like my dad says, "There will always be good deals" 🤣

Ok been wondering where that tower is lol was about to message ya and see if it got sent and lost or something. Good luck bro! We both got back to having smooth running rigs again, well until @jondilly1974 fried his 1717😂, and we're taking advantage and making the best of it. Just geared up a couple teeth as last 3 passes at 144, 142 and 142 haven't even seen over 360A!! Hoping to see 1-2mph per tooth so next pass hoping will be about 146-148mph🤞🏼
Don't let Jd fool ya,he's always got something up his sleeve.bet he has a new 1717 already mounted.hes on a mission to push the 1717
farther.or on his calculator trying to decide what gears to start on the big TP.
@K-BASH, this is what red cat recommends when there are no lights.
I could find the problem I'm having in vid. I'll shoota video of my issue after work.anyone know how redcats customer service is??you been running that truck?

Don't let Jd fool ya,he's always got something up his sleeve.bet he has a new 1717 already mounted.hes on a mission to push the 1717
farther.or on his calculator trying to decide what gears to start on the big TP.

I could find the problem I'm having in vid. I'll shoota video of my issue after work.anyone know how redcats customer service is??you been running that truck?
Looked like he mounted up the new TP lol so don't think he's goimg to be running a 1717 anymore.

Looked like he mounted up the new TP lol so don't think he's goimg to be running a 1717 anymore.
Damn he's gonna leave us both in the dust.if he can make clean passes he's gone,he'll be chasing phildog next spring.56mm are the speedrun future.i haven't been able to control it yet.

Damn he's gonna leave us both in the dust.if he can make clean passes he's gone,he'll be chasing phildog next spring.56mm are the speedrun future.i haven't been able to control it yet.
We'll see soon enough I guess. Just hoping like the MEXB he doesn't have issues and not be able to get back to PB passes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back