Help with thphon 3s!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spur gear keeps stripping ? Why would this be? After 2 mins of running its fully stripped again ???
Gear mesh could be off or motor mount could be bent.

Stock power system ?

I upgrade to the steel spur after the stock one strips.

Totally worth $40 upgrade if you run hard, Hot racing or Arrma steel spur seem pretty good so far ( If you get the Arrma Steel spur you need one additional slipper pad ), But the problem you are having doesn't seem to be the spur, Maybe your slipper is to tight ?

Which 3s model is this ?

You’re not sitting the mesh correctly or your mount is bent. The stock spurs are strong and once properly set up will last you a long time. Pull the motor module, then the mount, and check it on a flat surface. Also look up some videos on setting the motor pinion mesh. It’s extremely important that you get that spot on.

Regardless of having a metal spur or sticking with stock, your mesh must be correct and the motor mount has to be straight.

I was actually reading through a ton of threads last week on this, one thing I saw mentioned only a few times was to check the motor shaft and see if it's loose, sometimes the bearings go bad at each end and the play in the shaft will effect the mesh. I have zero experience, just something I read.

Problems i've personally had with stripping or destroying spur gears:

debris or sand/dirt in the power module that slowly grinds down the plastic spur or ruins bearings
-->this is what i did: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/should-i-go-with-a-hole-or-a-slot.40394/
pinion set screw came loose and got wedged between the pinion and spur
-->make sure to use threadlocker on the set screw
slipper was set too tight and during a shock load on the drive train i chipped some teeth off the spur
-->set the right slipper amount, start with looser and work you're way until just tight enough
bad bearing on the pinion or the spur that created bad gear mesh that ruined the spur gear
-->this one you just have to check often and see if the bearings are still good

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back