Help with Kraton chassis Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadows

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Senton 6s
Gathering parts for a shorter chassis (mostly Mojave) build. Going to use a V5 Kraton chassis with EXB braces. I'm not going to consider just buying a Mojave or Mojave roller. I'm well on my way to having what's necessary to build it.

My question is: what axle hubs should I get? The Mojave's, or Kraton's? I'm not looking for a wider than stock Mojave stance, but don't know what wheels/tires will clear the hubs. Looking to run something along the lines of a belted 17mm 2.8 MT tire. Maybe Mojave ones. Not sure yet. Also, does anyone know of an SCT body that would cover the Mojave's rear shock tower on a K6's chassis length? Might try to use a Mojave's skid and bumper setup. Figured a build like this might be unique.

Last edited:
I would use the Talion hubs/uprights and matching stub hex axels. Which is stock for the Mojave.
You will be hard pressed to find a SCT body to fit the LWB kraton chassis!! You might end up using an Open wheeled body. Truck type.
The Mojave Fortress tires are pretty decent and durable FWIW. Plenty of bite. I'm still running the OE set on my old V1 Mojave. (on 6s)
I bought a spare set when the Mojo was new, and they are still in the bag. Never needed them, yet.

I would use the Talion hubs/uprights and matching stub hex axels. Which is stock for the Mojave.
You will be hard pressed to find a SCT body to fit the LWB kraton chassis!! You might end up using an Open wheeled body. Truck type.
The Mojave Fortress tires are pretty decent and durable FWIW. Plenty of bite. I'm still running the OE set on my old V1 Mojave. (on 6s)
I bought a spare set when the Mojo was new, and they are still in the bag. Never needed them, yet.
Thanks for the answers. I think you're right. I guess a 1/10th scale sct body would not look right, as it wouldn't be wide enough. I wonder if a Summit body would work. Or another SUV body with no pre-drilled holes. Something different. I'm not going to use a wing. Will be going with the Mojo tower brace at the back end.

Seeing as I have the option to use a Max 6 with a 1730kv Hobbystar 4092 out of an E-Maxx, I wonder if the weight gain of an RC uK 5mm thick bash bar (which I also already have) with aluminum bulkheads would be worth it. Or, I have the V5's Spektrum system. The Hobbystar 4092 has only been ran once, the Max 6 only 6-7 times, and the Spektrum never used at all. The diffs are V5 with HR modular cups. Almost forgot. I have a 1730kv Leopard 4092 that can go with the Spektrum ESC. Never ran. I drilled and tapped it to 4mm to go in an Arrma. Decisions!

Seeing as I have the option to use a Max 6 with a 1730kv Hobbystar 4092 out of an E-Maxx, I wonder if the weight gain of an RC uK 5mm thick bash bar (which I also already have) with aluminum bulkheads would be worth it. Or, I have the V5's Spektrum system. The Hobbystar 4092 has only been ran once, the Max 6 only 6-7 times, and the Spektrum never used at all. The diffs are V5 with HR modular cups. Almost forgot. I have a 1730kv Leopard 4092 that can go with the Spektrum ESC. Never ran. I drilled and tapped it to 4mm to go in an Arrma. Decisions!
Either of the 4092s would be fine paired with the Max6. I don’t think the Spectrum ESC would last long with a 4092.

Thanks for the answers. I think you're right. I guess a 1/10th scale sct body would not look right, as it wouldn't be wide enough. I wonder if a Summit body would work. Or another SUV body with no pre-drilled holes. Something different. I'm not going to use a wing. Will be going with the Mojo tower brace at the back end.

Maybe a 1/5 8s Outcast body will work???
Check its dimensions.

Maybe a 1/5 8s Outcast body will work???
I got a Summit body for it, rigged up some terrible body mounts for it, painted it, then decided to scrap it for a J Concepts Finnisher body for a Kraton. Looks like a flat behind with no wing/mount.

20230920_112030.jpg

20230920_112056.jpg

20230920_112314.jpg

20230925_145251.jpg

20230925_145322.jpg

20230925_145338.jpg

I run the Kaiju tires on my Fireteam/Kraton XL build. I like them, pretty decent price and they have more offset than the Backflips.

You paint real nice.
I like that Finnisher. (y)
Hey, thanks so much. I consider my paint jobs a bit sloppy with bleed through. I work with inferior tape. Getting the best of everything is just too much for me. I try though. Went for a kind of K.A.R.R from Knight Rider theme. Not done with it. Putting lights in. Something that isn't for a basher, but if it kills the lights then I guess it does. No big deal. Put in the rear red lights in the middle tail piece so far, the cab will be lit up by 4 spare orange LED's, and going to put two round white in the front. May reinforce with clear box tape for the windows, and fiberglass reinforced box tape for the rest of it and make it all conform with a heat gun...carefully. E-6000 glue takes so long to adhere light buckets. Then flex glue all around them to reinforce em' in. Turned an old 2 speed 3906 E-Maxx into a Castle brushless 'crawler,' did up a Proline 73' Bronco body and am having a heck of a time with lights on that one. It all keeps me busy I guess. But no worries, I'm mainly an Arrma person. The E-Maxx is just a homage/tribute to what got me into this stuff back in 2000.

20230922_185155.jpg

20230922_185315.jpg

20230922_185239.jpg

Do the Kaiju tires balloon?
Yeah, they'll balloon SOME, but not like my older set of Proline Big Joe II's! Those things are so bad, that they'll turn into huge dinner plates and stress ANY diff to grenade. I'm concerned that the Kaiju tires might balloon out enough to strike the body. I should've cut the fenders out more to accommodate the fact that the Mojave arms are so much shorter than a Kraton. I did end up going with Kraton hubs and stub axles to bring the wheels out further away with Hot Racing +5mm hex extenders. It's a strange build for sure. Who knows, maybe I'll get something belted for parking lot jaunts, then put the Kaiju ones on a 3905/3908 E-Maxx with the V5 Kraton's Spektrum system in it lol. The Kaijus are a perfect size for that. Basically the size of backflip LP's.

Last edited:
I run the Kaiju tires on my Fireteam/Kraton XL build. I like them, pretty decent price and they have more offset than the Backflips.
Right. Can't beat the price. The rubber does feel a bit....'plastiky'/waxy as compared to the Arrma LP's, however. But, they looked so perfectly glued in the package and the price called my name. All the more incentive to bash the crap out of em.' Heard folks have had good luck with them. They get 'vacuumed' off the shelf at my LHS constantly.

I'm digging the punisher body, needs wing for sure. I built what I've been calling a Typhon XL with the same recipe you have, k6 chassis with Mojo supension parts. I used a kraton wing mout with the Mojo towers. It works, but the wing may sit a bit high, and Kraton wing is too wide. I think a Talion mount and wing might be just right.
I had 2 sets of Kaiju tires at one time I like them so much. They are great for the money, a bit thin for 6s, gotta keep speeds in check or they'll blow apart. The nubs on the sides of the wheels can slice the sidewall of the tire when bashed hard as well. I ground them off with a grinder but they could be cut with side cutters and sanded smooth too I suppose. Nice work! Looks great!

I'm digging the punisher body, needs wing for sure. I built what I've been calling a Typhon XL with the same recipe you have, k6 chassis with Mojo supension parts. I used a kraton wing mout with the Mojo towers. It works, but the wing may sit a bit high, and Kraton wing is too wide. I think a Talion mount and wing might be just right.
I had 2 sets of Kaiju tires at one time I like them so much. They are great for the money, a bit thin for 6s, gotta keep speeds in check or they'll blow apart. The nubs on the sides of the wheels can slice the sidewall of the tire when bashed hard as well. I ground them off with a grinder but they could be cut with side cutters and sanded smooth too I suppose. Nice work! Looks great!
Isn't the wing mount the same between a Talion and Kraton? Thought it was just different wings. Yeah, maybe I should give the Kaijus to my basher based blue E-Maxx, (it needs them) and get something belted for this one when money permits. Back to wings. Was thinking on RPM's braced wing mount. I don't want wing mount headaches. I've never really liked the look of the gummy printed ones, as they just bend downward and let shock towers get chewed up anyway. One thing I can tell ya' about this Frankenstein 'rig,' is I won't be doing any significant jumps. It's a Mojave suspension, and it has the stamped V5 chassis. I do have a rig that is built for that. An M2C'd out K6 on 8s. Still haven't jumped beyond a foot. I'm the opposite of R Duperbash when it comes to air skill. No open spaces, and where there are.....it's not safe. BAAAAAD crime. Can hear shots most the time at night.

No. Different wing mounts. Talion uses the “low profile” wing mount like the typhon.
Interesting. Well, too bad RPM's braced up wing mount is strictly Kraton based. Maybe I'll just go with that anyhow, and use a talion wing. Still not done with this thing. I want better cooling for the ESC. A 40mm fan, but no fancy extra battery requirement ones. Need some 30mm ones for motor too. I hear the 1730kv Hobbystar gets hot. Have a 20T pinion on it right now, with a spare 16T. An 18T is on a 1250kv Rocket 4092 with a heavy M2C'd K6 on 8s with heavy, belted full size 3.8 Powerhobby Defender tires. All Tekno pinions.

20221011_192906.jpg

20221011_192827.jpg

Can't afford any more of these things. Then I see a new 4s Mojave? New reinforced 4s chassis and center diff? I just can't. But love the look of it. Gonna be happy with what I have and start thrashing them. Get my mind off the idea of more lol. Thank you to everyone here with the answers and support. You're awesome.

Last edited:
Isn't the wing mount the same between a Talion and Kraton? Thought it was just different wings. Yeah, maybe I should give the Kaijus to my basher based blue E-Maxx, (it needs them) and get something belted for this one when money permits. Back to wings. Was thinking on RPM's braced wing mount. I don't want wing mount headaches. I've never really liked the look of the gummy printed ones, as they just bend downward and let shock towers get chewed up anyway. One thing I can tell ya' about this Frankenstein 'rig,' is I won't be doing any significant jumps. It's a Mojave suspension, and it has the stamped V5 chassis. I do have a rig that is built for that. An M2C'd out K6 on 8s. Still haven't jumped beyond a foot. I'm the opposite of R Duperbash when it comes to air skill. No open spaces, and where there are.....it's not safe. BAAAAAD crime. Can hear shots most the time at night.
I feel similarly about the wing, and body. To me they are there more for protection than aesthetics. Floppy wing mount doesn't do it for me either. I have all 3 here at the house currently, Kraton, Talion and Typhon. I'll try and get a good look at them and see what differences there are between them. Like I said earlier, I am using a stock K6 wing mount on Mojo tower and bulkhead. 1/8 buggy wing that I got in a box of spares I bought years ago. No idea what make it is but it's narrow like a buggy which fits the narrow width of my Krajave well I think.
I'm running a Hobao rtr 150a esc with an ebay 1450kv 4274 with 20t pinion and Mojo tires. Actually runs really well I think. Just got the new Proline Mirage TT tires on it. Pretty sweet on my clay track.
The Mojo became a Kraton XL, no wing, has a Redcat Shredder body and tires, 4092 1650kv and vxl8s esc. I keep breaking rear diff cups now, not sure but I feel like something is up with my gearbox. Not really wanting to go aluminum but we'll see..gunshots eh? I hear them all the time around me, but not after dark..heck I even hear full auto going off up here!! Hopefully they're on my side when it all goes down!!🤔😬😂😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back