Kraton Hesitation between 2X3S or 1X6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jexz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
Hello,

i just have my new Kraton EXB RTR V2 and i'm about to order some lipo, but i do hesitate between 2X3S or 1x6s, the price is the same, the weight almost the same so i wonder what do you guys run in your 6S rig, this is a general question for all 6S rig.

What the pro and cons for each choice?

Thank you

Because, I run some vehicles with 3S I always order 2x 3S batteries for my K6s. I do have some 6s batteries and I have ran them in my K6S. I don’t see any performance difference, but like I said above, I have vehicles that I run on 3s. So 2x 3s are better for me.

I run 2x 3s packs in mine.
I like the ability to charge a little higher amps and if once cell dies I am only out for one 3s pack.

I run the CNHL G+70c 3s 6,000 mAh packs. Its extremely snug fitting, but great batteries for the Max6 combo's power consumption.

Hello,

i just have my new Kraton EXB RTR V2 and i'm about to order some lipo, but i do hesitate between 2X3S or 1x6s, the price is the same, the weight almost the same so i wonder what do you guys run in your 6S rig, this is a general question for all 6S rig.

What the pro and cons for each choice?

Thank you
I use 2x 3s but only because I also use these packs in other RCs where I need one on each side of the chassis..but on my kraton I place one on top of the other 👍

I've run both, and I wouldn't worry. Pick the one you want and stick with it. Functionally, they can be almost the exact same thing. Both get a nod since 1x6s is more convenient (only one battery to charge/manage) and 2x3s can also be run in smaller trucks.

If you can find them being the same weight, size, and/or cost (within the same manufacturer of course), then I'd say they are effectively equal.

If you have issue with just 1 of the cells in either a 2x3s pack OR 1x6s pack, the probability is the same. But the out come is different - you either throw away a 6s pack at double the cost or just 1 of the 3s packs at half the cost and consider buying a new 3s pack.

If you are like me a tinkerer or a cell buster, I usually pull out the bad cell. In this case, suppose you have a middle of the cell going bad (say cell #3 or #4) its a mighty hassle to reverse the polarity of all subsequent cells to rewire and repack the cell, ending up with a 5s pack. this is a make the best out of bad situation, because a rescued 5s pack will never be as fast as a 6s pack.

It is far easier in a 3s pack to pull out cell #2, and reverse the polarity of cell #3. And then you end up with a 2s + 3s pack. Eitherway its not a great waste to throw the broken 3s pack and just replace.

The economics and practical aspect of 2x3s battery packs makes sense in this way.

I can only think of charging a 6s pack being faster than charging 2x3s packs if you only have 1 charger. Even so you can buy a custom harness to convert your 2x3s balance leads to a 6s balance lead for very cheap and charge it like a 6s pack.

Also, consider that a 6s 6000mah pack requires a ~200W charger and power supply and it more bulky.

All said if 2 half dozens packs sell for the same price as a full dozen, I know which one I'd buy.

Only have a k6 exb v2 right now and I run 2 6 s packs mostly the 2 3s I have tend to sit

I only have 6s cars and one 8s so just run one 6s in mine fine it easier

I use a single 6s battery in my Kraton 6s with a Castle MMX 8s 1650kv system installed. I also use a single 6s in my three Corally 6s vehicles when I'm not running 4s in them. The only vehicle I have that I use two 3s batteries in is my Infraction 6s, which has two battery trays and is designed to run two 3s batteries.

Thank you all for your help and replys, just ordered a single 6S lipo Gen Ace 6800/120C :sneaky:(y)

Yes it will and that's outcast side guards the gens of ace 6s line was made to fit the arrma 6s line

20240411_175055.jpg

Back