High or low suspension?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 3s
Recommendations on the perfect ride height?? (Grass and dirt terrain as well as street?)

Recommendations on the perfect ride height?? (Grass and dirt terrain as well as street?)
I think there’s no real answer to your question. It’s all personal preference IMO. Depends on the rig, what kinda bashing you’re doing, and what feels right.

What Harriot said :D
in an ideal world for off-road you would aim for about 20-25% of travel as sag to allow for negative movement for rough terrain, if your just doing big jumps probably aim for as much travel as possible with shocks set in a more progressive position rather than linear, and for street as low as possible with shocks set linear and stiff as possible. hope this helps

What Harriot said :D
in an ideal world for off-road you would aim for about 20-25% of travel as sag to allow for negative movement for rough terrain, if your just doing big jumps probably aim for as much travel as possible with shocks set in a more progressive position rather than linear, and for street as low as possible with shocks set linear and stiff as possible. hope this helps
Ya I'm really not bashing my radix 6s, just felt like it was waaaay too low, like sagging so I stiffened it up...I'm babying that car lol...typhon Is outta commission right now, same with the rustler. Big Rock I'm about to beat up...trying to sell the mini revo but still bashing it in the mean time...🤷‍♂️🤙thanks for the info brother!

I miss understood your question, I thought you were asking for one ideal setting for all 3, street, dirt and grass (40 mm)

Before I thought it wasn't worth the effort/time I ran at 20 mm on the street and 40 mm for dirt and grass (I don't do speed runs)

At 40 mm I'm a little top heavy on the street, oh well, I've adjusted

I miss understood your question, I thought you were asking for one ideal setting for all 3, street, dirt and grass (40 mm)

Before I thought it wasn't worth the effort/time I ran at 20 mm on the street and 40 mm for dirt and grass (I don't do speed runs)

At 40 mm I'm a little top heavy on the street, oh well, I've adjusted
Ya I do it all pretty much, I try to avoid high jumps (at least with the newer more expensive cars) just cuz I don't need the older car cars plus the newer ones outta commission lol. But ya my radix6 6s straight out of the box was like sagging, control was off so I stiffened that up...typhon is getting rebuilt at the moment but when I got it new, the control and stability was amazing! The big rock I just got seemed a bit loose as well so I stiffened those up too....when I do some speed runs this spring a d summer I'll loosen up the suspension, but for now they're all good! 🤙

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back