Hobbystar v2 temp port connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
What connector does the v2 motor temp port use? The JST1.25 does not fit. According to the web site, its a ZH1.27....could not find such a connector anywhere.

1711009734894.png

The one that comes out of their v2 ESCs.

Nothing else is compatible, it’s just a resistance probe.

View attachment 355940

View attachment 355941

I swear I saw someone post that the Hobbystar/Surpass V2 motor temp plug is the same as the Hobbywing one. It was in the thread about the V2 stuff but I can't find it. It's either in the electronics section or the general choas section.

I swear I saw someone post that the Hobbystar/Surpass V2 motor temp plug is the same as the Hobbywing one. It was in the thread about the V2 stuff but I can't find it. It's either in the electronics section or the general choas section.
Certainly could be, but the resistance correlation between the probe ohm value and what the ESC range calculates is not going to translate. Would be interested to find out if there would be shut down similarities with Infrared external readings.

I tried every ESC parameter value under the sun to eliminate input lag, but for air control could never get it satisfactory so I sold it and went with a Max 8v3. Also cut really early on heavy loading like the firma 150.

Certainly could be, but the resistance correlation between the probe ohm value and what the ESC range calculates is not going to translate. Would be interested to find out if there would be shut down similarities with Infrared external readings.

I tried every ESC parameter value under the sun to eliminate input lag, but for air control could never get it satisfactory so I sold it and went with a Max 8v3. Also cut really early on heavy loading like the firma 150.
I was going to ask you how well that Hobbystar ESC performed (or didn't perform), but I think I kind of got my answer from this reply. I've always been curious about the quality of Hobbystar ESCs, as they're the more budget friendly alternative to the Hobbywing & Castle stuff.

I was going to ask you how well that Hobbystar ESC performed (or didn't perform), but I think I kind of got my answer from this reply. I've always been curious about the quality of Hobbystar ESCs, as they're the more budget friendly alternative to the Hobbywing & Castle stuff.
I’ll go cheap on motors but not on ESCs.

I’ll go cheap on motors but not on ESCs.
Totally agree. I've had a couple opportunities to purchase Hobbystar ESCs for very low prices, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Their ESCs seem to be hit or miss based on all the reviews I've read & watched. I'd rather Buy Once, Cry Once when it comes to ESCs. Motors on the other hand, now that's a different story. I have a 2700kv Xteam motor from Amazon that has been an absolute problem-free workhorse.

Yeah especially since you can get a Hobbywing g2bl150 for similar price, no brainer. Hobbystar has my feedback, v3 could be a contender…

Idk supposedly it works. 🤷

That being said whoever makes these escs does not have a good track record especially when it comes to QC of the escs. I've seen way too many of the Surpass/Rocket/GoolRc/Austar/Hobbystar/whatever brand they are selling them under these days start on fire or just die.

Back