Hobbystar released a new V2 lineup of motors with temp seonsors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Just went to the rcjuice.com and saw they have released a new lineup of motors. The 1/8 motors are now listed as 42 instead of 40 on the can diameter, they already had 2mm fins on the old version, already posted in a thread today that the can size is the same. They have temperature ports now but it says must use compatible esc. I know it is compatible with their esc's but not sure if the new temp sensor wire will work with Hobbywing.

Either way, the price didn't go up so I'm happy to see them offer something better at the same price.

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...s-motor-temperature-protection-1-8-truck.html

Last edited:
The details on the Hobbywing site state that this doesn't support thermal cutoff, so I don't see the use of it.
HW motor temp cutoffs are confusing to me.

If I remember right, the only two setting options are like 220 degrees and 250 degrees. 220 is way too hot already.

HW motor temp cutoffs are confusing to me.

If I remember right, the only two setting options are like 220 degrees and 250 degrees. 220 is way too hot already.
I guess it would depend on where the sensor is located. If your seeing 160 at the can, somewhere inside is a lot hotter than that 😀

What are the thoughts on Hobbystar ESCs? I've actually never heard anything about them.

I was under the impression that lighter is not better when comparing 2 similar motors.
They machined out some pockets on the snout cap instead of counterboring for the socket head cap screws. 1.2oz could be the difference in a new record time!

AF572FA4-091B-4874-BD33-51CF5A34D800.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back