Infraction Hobbywing esc cuts out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron72

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi my infraction has a hobbywing g2 esc and motor and it cuts out after 30ft but as I get closer it starts working again it's not the controller I use the same controller with 2 other rc cars and they work properly any help would be much appreciated

That is likely the problem. I once had a small nick in an antenna, and I only had about a 40 foot range before the failsafe kicked in and stopped the car.
Did it start working again when you got closer without touching the car

Did it start working again when you got closer without touching the car
I had the same problem, and I did not see I nicked or bent the antenna in my Infraction when I looped it back in the holder.... a bonehead error on my part. I got a new receiver. You can replace the antenna, but I could not find one as long as the stock one.

No, it did not start as I got closer. Please try to recalibrate it so your ESC and receiver know neutral so does not move. There is the ESC calibration #1. Then the normal receiver calibration #2.

I had the same problem, and I did not see I nicked or bent the antenna in my Infraction when I looped it back in the holder.... a bonehead error on my part. I got a new receiver. You can replace the antenna, but I could not find one as long as the stock one.

No, it did not start as I got closer. Please try to recalibrate it so your ESC and receiver know neutral so does not move. There is the ESC calibration #1. Then the normal receiver calibration #2.
I did recalibrate it but it still does it you guys might be right it might be losing signal as I get closer it finds signal

Also make sure the antenna isn’t right next to the ESC wires (especially the three motor wires) because that can scramble the signal. And you checked the batteries in your radio, right?

Also make sure the antenna isn’t right next to the ESC wires (especially the three motor wires) because that can scramble the signal. And you checked the batteries in your radio, right?
I'll check the wires the batteries are good I use same controller with 3 of my rc cars

I did recalibrate it but it still does it you guys might be right it might be losing signal as I get closer it finds signal

Sorry you are having this issue. It's still strange that it moves as you get close with a bad antenna or not on signal cut out. An infraction has an AVC receiver, and once you calibrate the full throttle, brake, right, and left, then it should learn neutral when you lose signal and stop. In addition, when you calibrate the Firma ESC by holding the button, and it learns neutral on the first beep, throttle trigger on the second, and brake on the last 3 beeps (cutting the details short), you should be solid that both now know neutral and stops.

I'm no pro, and other issues could be there, but so far, doing this on all my rigs has prevented any runaways.

It does stop but when I walk up to it I hit the throttle and it goes for 30ft then nothing then walk to it same thing its a hobbywing

Do you lose Steering also???? If so, not the ESC.
I say its the Rx. Antenna damaged by accident ot otherwise or Even the Rx, itself that is bad. Ever get the Rx wet before? How did you mount your antenna? As high as possible straight UP, using the Antenna protector tube.
Send us a pix of the chassis wiring. Did you look at the ESC's plug in the Rx port?
Maybe even a signal Brownout?
Try disconnecting the Servo at the Rx, and see if you get throttle at those distances.
Process of elimination. One at a time.
Some ideas. :cool:

Do you lose Steering also???? If so, not the ESC.
I say its the Rx. Antenna damaged by accident ot otherwise or Even the Rx, itself that is bad. Ever get the Rx wet before? How did you mount your antenna? As high as possible straight UP, using the Antenna protector tube.
Send us a pix of the chassis wiring. Did you look at the ESC's plug in the Rx port?
Maybe even a signal Brownout?
Try disconnecting the Servo at the Rx, and see if you get throttle at those distances.
Process of elimination. One at a time.
Some ideas. :cool:
No I lose steering to

Seems you are getting a BEC Brownout at this point?
An ESC related issue.
Disconnect the Steering servo/ isolating it out of the equation, then try it. What happens?
What ESC Led lights are flashing? Trouble code color and flashing sequence when it stops running?
HW has a 90 day warranty with an "authorized" purchase and receipt. Are you beyond the 90 days?
Shoot them an email. And ask them. They are usually quick to respond from my expereince.
I want to rule out the ESC however as the issue. But it just may the $ESC$. Hopefully not.

Does the motor/pinion gear rotate smoothly without binding up.?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back