Hobbywing Max 4 with 70125 in extended K8S mounting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure on the weight but I have all aluminum vitavon upgrades even the chassis so I am sure it over 40 easy.

Also running 2x 6S cnhl 9500mah

View attachment 233241
View attachment 233242
There’s no way those MX57’s in the first picture held up with this rig. I cracked 3 of 4 wheels in one run with my 30ish lb. Kraton 8s (on a cold day though).

On a side note, is there any difference in the ride characteristics of the 5.7’s vs 4.3’s. I know there’s a weight difference but the actual sidewall looks similar and tread looks identical. 43s look better imo.

Not sure on the weight but I have all aluminum vitavon upgrades even the chassis so I am sure it over 40 easy.

Also running 2x 6S cnhl 9500mah

View attachment 233241
View attachment 233242
Hey Niz, what diff cases are you running? I see a mix of vitavon and atop stuff? I'm about to place a decent order the the dbxl-e....Thanks Mike

Vitavon front and rear. The atop parts are the chassis braces.
There’s no way those MX57’s in the first picture held up with this rig. I cracked 3 of 4 wheels in one run with my 30ish lb. Kraton 8s (on a cold day though).

On a side note, is there any difference in the ride characteristics of the 5.7’s vs 4.3’s. I know there’s a weight difference but the actual sidewall looks similar and tread looks identical. 43s look better imo.
Never ran the 57 on the 12S setup. I only ran it with 8S stock motor 17T.

Last edited:
Thanks man, much appreciated.... the vitavon stuff has been in my cart for a while now... now I'm ready... Any other ways to get stuff quicker?

I think doing 12s in a K8, trying to shoehorn the 560kv in there somehow...lots of custom fabrication involved. The castle 800kv is 12s capable. There are videos out there with a max4/castle 800 combo...and it's a screamer. I would go that route. Bigger cars can handle the 560.

You can extend the front part of the chassis to accomodate 70125's extra length, which involes re-designing the chassis and customizing a front dogbone. However, the real problem is 70125 is too heavy (1950g) and you can hardly balance the rig with 70125 on the left and MAX4 on the right. There would be ~1kg weight difference with stock-like layout. If you rotate the center gearbox and put motor on the right & put all batterys on the leftt, a lot of works lies ahead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back