Hobbywing OTA settings/real time data etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

I'm on one today
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
Does anyone have the OTA programmer for Hobbywing? I can't find jack sh*t on YouTube or HW regarding real time data. Once connected to a Max 4 my app definitely does display some current functions. RPM's and also current voltage but not amperage. Id sure like accurate RPM and need to adjust one more setting. It asks for ratio, motor pole count, and wheel diameter. I have all but ratio. I want to adjust for accurate RPM's but how do I factor my final drive ratio?

Also, I don't know how to check the amps, my display was only showing a dash - through it. What I have gathered from poking around is that all available features are entirely dependent on the ESC, some have the ability to display and log many things while their other model ESC's can do very little.

Tomorrow I'll do some screenshots of what I have available and the settings I'm messing with.

Found some logs.

First is from a 2s Xerun Justock that I plugged in. It will not display any real time data but is logging, sorta. The throttle would stop working and I'd have to restart the ESC. Weird that it says 100% throttle which I didn't get close to just now. All I know is the voltage looks correct:

Screenshot_20230512-235645.png
Screenshot_20230512-235912.png

Next is from a Max 4 earlier today on the bench. I'll mess with this more tomorrow and try to get some readings from actually running cause I know I tapped full throttle a few times so this ain't it @ 34%

Screenshot_20230513-000020.png

This stupid free app I just tried for drive ratio spit this out for my two sets of gears on the car, I have no clue if it's any kind of accurate first of all, secondly since the motor goes through both sets of these two pairs of gears do I take the average between the two? The middle of the two? I don't know. Also I just picked one from the list of "internal ratio" cause I don't know how to figure that either.

Screenshot_20230513-084917.png
Screenshot_20230513-090456.png
Screenshot_20230513-090209.png

Hoping to get some feedback from guys like @SrC @LibertyMKiii @jkflow @vwturbowolf @Cereal_killer @K-BASH @Diem Turner I don't need gearing recommendations as I'm not speed running this car just some input on calculating this stuff out for ACCURACY. If this can all be figured out but takes a lot of time etc that you don't have that's cool too just let me know that even so I know to keep digging.

Last edited:
Yeah that isn't an Arrma rig. You have a tranmission of sorts there. Not a direct pinion to spool. But should not matter. I use the calculator from Radiocontrolinfo.com.
I also plug in my voltage with the "Nominal voltage" of the Lipo pack I am running. Not the full charge Voltage. Gives you a more conservative "real speed" calculation. These calculators can't assess "Load" in the calculation. Most any calculator works. Just a matter of using it and seeing the results achieved with a GPS anayzer. Most Gear calculators are just ball park estimates anyway. I would also check what the final drive rations are spec wise from the Brand's model documentation.

This stupid free app I just tried for drive ratio spit this out for my two sets of gears on the car, I have no clue if it's any kind of accurate first of all, secondly since the motor goes through both sets of these two pairs of gears do I take the average between the two? The middle of the two? I don't know. Also I just picked one from the list of "internal ratio" cause I don't know how to figure that either.

View attachment 299421View attachment 299422View attachment 299423

Hoping to get some feedback from guys like @SrC @LibertyMKiii @jkflow @vwturbowolf @Cereal_killer @K-BASH @Diem Turner I don't need gearing recommendations as I'm not speed running this car just some input on calculating this stuff out for ACCURACY. If this can all be figured out but takes a lot of time etc that you don't have that's cool too just let me know that even so I know to keep digging.
You will need to count the input gear and diff gear for example.. arrma limitless is 42/15 2.8 for diff then count the pinion and spur ttc

Send me a picture of your gearing on the other side.

Send me a picture of your gearing on the other side.

The other side? It's all open except whatever is inside the diff. Car is rear wheel drive also for what it's worth which I probably should have mentioned. That inside/rear set of gears is 16/49 and directly drives the rear axles.

The other side? It's all open except whatever is inside the diff. Car is rear wheel drive also for what it's worth which I probably should have mentioned. That inside/rear set of gears is 16/49 and directly drives the rear axles.
The direct drive 😂 side. But you have it counted out already 16/49.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back