Kraton Hobbywing program card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyAdds

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Please could any one let me know if im being stupid. After last post ive swapped out the standard ESC and motor for the max 8 combo (which came with a sticker in the box) Purchased a program card and the item don't add up. Should i put the new sticker over the tom and program to that or use standard values. Thanks in advance

What you do is skip that Programmer sticker(s) altogether, and refer to the Max 8 ESC manual 's Parameters itself, while programming it, not any sticker, to adjust its ESC paramters. The Max8 has a different set of Parameters and Values. You just use the Manual of the ESC in hand ( Max8) instead. As your menu guide. The Parameter menu Items should line up properly. If it doesn't line up, you will have all your ESC parameter value settings all jacked up and out of sequence. A fail.(n) I think you know this already.
I hope you understand what I am saying. If not, say so. Good luck.
:cool:

I have both of the Hobbywing programmers. I choose to use this one "below" on Air and Surface ESC's as it literally tells you what each parameter is no manual ever needed. The other one, that just has "item" and "value" I use on boats as the good one doesn't support boat esc's like my seaking 180amp and as SrC said its best to just look at the manual as sometimes it varies from the stickers on the front and back.

Last edited:
What you do is skip that Programmer sticker(s) altogether, and refer to the Max 8 ESC manual 's Parameters itself, while programming it, not any sticker, to adjust its ESC paramters. The Max8 has a different set of Parameters and Values. You just use the Manual of the ESC in hand ( Max8) instead. As your menu guide. The Parameter menu Items should line up properly. If it doesn't line up, you will have all your ESC parameter value settings all jacked up and out of sequence. A fail.(n) I think you know this already.
I hope you understand what I am saying. If not, say so. Good luck.
:cool:
so the sticker matches the manual so i have gone ahead and stuck it on the program box. Thanks for your help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back