Typhon Dear God please help? Program card??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakey76

Reaction score
Hi I’m having a problem setting up a BLX 185 esc.
My question is, is there a program card for the Arrma BLX esc’s. So far all the ones I have tried I’ve had no luck with.

Hi I’m having a problem setting up a BLX 185 esc.
My question is, is there a program card for the Arrma BLX esc’s. So far all the ones I have tried I’ve had no luck with.
Nope. Even though it's a Hobbywing knock off, no program cards work with it. You'll have to download an older 6s manual to get all the options and how to go about changing settings
Spektrum makes one that works. It’s an LCD version vice the LED versions that Hobbywing makes. I have one: it was the only card that worked out of four other cards I had.
Okay, I'm wrong then. Hadn't ever found one that did, but never tried the Spektrum. + 1 for you brother

Spektrum makes one that works. It’s an LCD version vice the LED versions that Hobbywing makes. I have one: it was the only card that worked out of four other cards I had.
Have you got a picture of it so I can try to track one down please bud
I’ve got these three and they won’t work. 😢
IMG_6718.png
IMG_6717.png
IMG_6716.png

Last edited:
Nope. Even though it's a Hobbywing knock off, no program cards work with it. You'll have to download an older 6s manual to get all the options and how to go about changing settings

Okay, I'm wrong then. Hadn't ever found one that did, but never tried the Spektrum. + 1 for you brother
Both the Hobby LED and LCD program cards work with the BLX escs, they do not work with the Spektrum Firma escs, at least I couldn't get either of my program cards to work with my Firma esc.

LED https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/led-pc2c
But you have to follow the program chart in the manual not the one on the card.

-edit- Idk why but I could have sworn I used my LCD program box to change stuff on the BLX100 esc in my Rustler but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work.

Last edited:
Both the Hobby LED and LCD program cards work with the BLX escs, they do not work with the Spektrum Firma escs, at least I couldn't get either of my program cards to work with my Firma esc.
LCD https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/lcd-program
This one works with both my BLX and Firma ESCs.

https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-Sma...s=spektrum+program+card&qid=1689205447&sr=8-1

LCD https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/lcd-program
All 3 of mine won’t work. I’ve plugged them all in to the fanand nothing they light up but that’s it.

All 3 of mine won’t work. I’ve plugged them all in to the fanand nothing they light up but that’s it.
All 3 of your what wont work with what?

I have 4 BLX escs, 2 185s and 2 100s, they all work with the Hobbywing program cards.

I have 4 BLX escs, 2 185s and 2 100s, they all work with the Hobbywing program cards.
I have a led Hobbywing a lcd Hobbywing and the lcd Spektrum. Silly question but do you have to plug them in and press the esc program button. All mine light up but that’s it.they work on my Hobbywing and Spektrum.
Have you got a picture of your program card?

I have a led Hobbywing a lcd Hobbywing and the lcd Spektrum. Silly question but do you have to plug them in and press the esc program button. All mine light up but that’s it.they work on my Hobbywing and Spektrum.
Have you got a picture of your program card?
I have both the LED and LCD program cards.

1689206378813.jpeg

I lied the LCD box does work with the BLX escs. I could have swore I used it to program the one in my Summit.

But here is the LED card.

1689206591967.jpeg

1689206601743.jpeg

1689206612975.jpeg

1689206622613.jpeg

1689206632309.jpeg

1689206773137.png

Same one as mine but all I get is a - across the leds

Weird.

When I plug that card into the Firma esc it shows numbers but none of the parameters line up with what is in the manual.

+!

They do work. Same here. Same HW Prog card I have.
Just need the BLX185 Manual for the Parameter Values and Line item list of that ESC for reference.

✋ Question from the back...have you tried entering programming mode using the transmitter? You know, just to verify that the ESC is functioning as it should? Of the three cards at least one of them must work, statistically speaking. I just figured it might be worth testing if the ESC is ok and will respond to a different sort of input or if it just lights up and does nothing. Can't hurt, roight?

✋ Question from the back...have you tried entering programming mode using the transmitter? You know, just to verify that the ESC is functioning as it should? Of the three cards at least one of them must work, statistically speaking. I just figured it might be worth testing if the ESC is ok and will respond to a different sort of input or if it just lights up and does nothing. Can't hurt, roight?
Well I finally managed to do it using the Hobbywing led card! Thank god.
It turns out I had to do the throttle calibration first, after that the program card started playing ball! 😉

Well I finally managed to do it using the Hobbywing led card! Thank god.
It turns out I had to do the throttle calibration first, after that the program card started playing ball! 😉
It's always the little things that get us, innit? Except when it's one of the large things. But that's just common sense really.

That's some airtight logic for you right there. Don't even try n piss in that casserole, already been done.

+1
It is rare that a proper Prog Card will even work/"Connect" with a Bricked ESC, 99% of the time. I can tell if my ESC is bricked, when my "Known" working prog card can't connect anymore. A defintive way to know for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back