sensor issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kljin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I'm unable to get the gps sensor working together with the castle telemetry link on my Futaba 7PXR
i have 3 sensor connected to the SBus port on the Futaba receiver through a 3port adapter.
* gps sensor
* temp sensor
* auxilary wire from the telemetry link

If i put the gps sensor and temp sensor in the adapter without the aux wire, i get correct reading on my receiver from both sensors.
If i add the aux wire to the adapter, i get false readings from the telemetry link on the receiver.
And somehow the temp sensor and aux wire do work together with correct readings without gps sensor.

With al three connecters plugged in on startup the light is red on my gps sensor and i have correct readings and then when the gps sensor goes searching for position (green light blinking), thats when the telemetry link goes coo-coo.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem?

Thx.

Did u enable live link?
There’s a thread on how to setup castle link. I’ll try to look for it later. I have tele in my cars and one has the aux wire plugged into port 4 of the receiver (just to increase bec amperage).

I don’t use the futaba gps but have thought about it so I’m curious to see how well it works.

here's the link on how to set it up correctly.
from what I recall aux wire is disabled and plugged into the receiver, not the SBUS port
castle link wire goes to channel 2

you should be able to plug multiple devices into sbus hub
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/castle-telemetry-link-w-futaba-7pxr.32147/

and BTW, the futaba sbus hub isn't much more than a splitter so using a non futaba 3 port adapter isn't an issue. I've daisy chained multiple y splitters with no issues SBUS hub simply uses thicker gauge wire.

Last edited:
here's the link on how to set it up correctly.
from what I recall aux wire is disabled and plugged into the receiver, not the SBUS port
castle link wire goes to channel 2

you should be able to plug multiple devices into sbus hub
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/castle-telemetry-link-w-futaba-7pxr.32147/

and BTW, the futaba sbus hub isn't much more than a splitter so using a non futaba 3 port adapter isn't an issue. I've daisy chained multiple y splitters with no issues SBUS hub simply uses thicker gauge wire.
I made a photo of the setup, hope it's a bit clear

* Sbus hub in Sbus2 port
-> connected to Shub hub: temp sensor, gps sensor, aux wire from castle telemetry link

* Channel 1: servo
* Channel 2: brown red orange cable from castle telemetry link
* Channel 3: nothing connected
* Channel 4: nothing connected

Aux wire from XLX2 not connected

Thx for the help.

Telemetry.jpg

the physical connections appear to be correct so likely a programming issue.
did you
1. enable live link
2. re assign throttle input to external input in the castle programming menu
3. designate the sensors in the transmitter?

if these steps don't work call futaba and/or castle. Both of them have good technical support

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back