Infraction Hoons Tyre direction bound?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigP

Reaction score
Hi, why are the Hoons direction bound?!

And is it really important to follow it?

(Sometimes you have some well used tyres laying around, which will be good for one more battery pack of fun (same compound Hoons) but the direction bound does not fit for the wanted tyre to replace.

They are directional but I dunno how important it is. I've run worn ones going the wrong way and it didn't seem to matter tbh.

I would think it has to do with how the belt is laid up in the tire. It might make a difference if it's for a Limitless or any car you're using for speed runs.

You don't say what RC you're using them on so it's hard to say if it matters.

Hi, why are the Hoons direction bound?!

And is it really important to follow it?

(Sometimes you have some well used tyres laying around, which will be good for one more battery pack of fun (same compound Hoons) but the direction bound does not fit for the wanted tyre to replace.

When new, I follow the direction and place them on right...

After they wear too little dots or slicks and I rotate them....all bets are off I place them anywhere.

The 'directional treads' in the Hoons don't matter since they are Not channeled.
It's only for visuals..
They are basically just slicks.

I would think it has to do with how the belt is laid up in the tire. It might make a difference if it's for a Limitless or any car you're using for speed runs.

You don't say what RC you're using them on so it's hard to say if it matters.
85mm Hoons (silver) for Infraction 3s, slightly more power as stock, no speed runs, max 65kp/h, just drifting/bashing

100mm Hoons (silver or white) for Infraction 6s, Max6 1650kv Combo, mostly on 6s, no real speed runs, max 110kp/h on 6s, just drifting/bashing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back