Calling all speed runners..what failsafe throttle position rate are you guys using? Need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Practical application time.

I'll try it tomorrow on my 124019. 1/12 scale..should be minimal disaster if something goes wrong.
With a RadioLink, right?

With a RadioLink, right?
1715108817882.png

RC4GS v3 with R6FG receiver

The drag brake is a function set in the ESC. The failsafe function is programmed in the transmitter, with neutral setting at 0%. F/S setting mixing is apparently possible. If you don’t enable f/s in the transmitter menus than it would not be saved, correct?
Yes sir... Absolutely...👍

But if u lost ur signal, either esc setting cant help u out. Thats why F/S is function is important for dragracer.

Imaging how u stepping down ur brake paddle with key off in middle of ur driving. Thats failsafe..

You don’t think that all of those flames and the steering wheel knob are going to screw anything up? We’re trying to be analytic here!
Hope not.
I like a bit of bling. Everyone asks about the steering wheel.

Yes sir... Absolutely...👍

But if u lost ur signal, either esc setting cant help u out. Thats why F/S is function is important for dragracer.

Imaging how u stepping down ur brake paddle with key off in middle of ur driving. Thats failsafe..
Yes, if signal is lost and the F/S is activated then the drag brake (ESC setting) is the only thing stopping you, right? Because at that point your radio is not making contact. It’s only what your onboard ESC is telling the rig to do.

Yes, if signal is lost and the F/S is activated then the drag brake (ESC setting) is the only thing stopping you, right? Because at that point your radio is not making contact. It’s only what your onboard ESC is telling the rig to do.
Nope sir.... Its not like that. The brake drag, max force brake, brake etc.. etc in the esc setting only functional when u near the signal. It become useless when the signal cut-off. See when u switch ur esc on without ur transmitter & try push u car. Hows is go???

Thats why F/S funtion come in.. It will bind TX setting to ur receiver memory to do the job when it come to signal cut-off.

Nope sir.... Its not like that. The brake drag, max force brake, brake etc.. etc in the esc setting only functional when u near the signal. It become useless when the signal cut-off. See when u switch ur esc on without ur transmitter & try push u car. Hows is go???

Thats why F/S funtion come in.. It will bind TX setting to ur receiver memory to do the job when it come to signal cut-off.
No sir, that is not the case. Receiver does not have memory settings, it only does what it’s told at any given time. Either by the ESC or by the Radio, assuming you don’t lose signal. Drag brake is an ESC programming perimeter. Look at your ESC tuning page.
IMG_3327.png

As you can see, drag brake is programmed in the ESC and hence “on board.” Your ESC stays with the car, is hard wired, and does not lose signal except in the event of a crash and it’s ejected. Why else is FailSafe programming so important? It’s only important if you lose radio signal, in which case the perimeters you saved to your ESC will come into play. That is, by definition, what it’s for.

I don't take credit by anyone in this but I do had experienced by myself.
the F/S: Throttle mean: 0 to -100 ( just like u push trigger foward untill totaly stop). Same thing if u put rate +80 it will cause ur car continuos cruised in 80% speed when ur lost signal untill crash.

Steering: if u put -100 is to turn totally to left & +100 is to right (usually suitable for boat) I let it to auto set it by my subtrim rate.
Other channel is depend how u setup in ur AUX-CH. All together will triggered when u come to failsafe.

I don't know about Rc4gs transmitter but i had the Rc6gs but assume it the same. I hope thats help...
Makes sense .I'm gonna mess around with it now and see what results I get..👍

No sir, that is not the case. Receiver does not have memory settings, it only does what it’s told at any given time. Either by the ESC or by the Radio, assuming you don’t lose signal. Drag brake is an ESC programming perimeter. Look at your ESC tuning page.
View attachment 365057
As you can see, drag brake is programmed in the ESC and hence “on board.” Your ESC stays with the car, is hard wired, and does not lose signal except in the event of a crash and it’s ejected. Why else is FailSafe programming so important? It’s only important if you lose radio signal, in which case the perimeters you saved to your ESC will come into play. That is, by definition, what it’s for.
Yes sir.... I see the parameter table. But i don't see any ( ) either for FS mode stated only for brake drag. Or u can elaborate more how/when the drag brake & other setting in esc function when it come to signal cut-off? U only stick to one thing(the brake drag), im mentioning overall function. As we know esc is variable & not all esc has that setting. And as i understand the only thing onboard esc setting triggred without need cooporate with signal is LVC & thermal cut-off. And receiver do have memory sir... as it store the commands from the TX's setup to register the stop, throttling & turning servo in non-signal stage as the esc programming cannot to do it alone.

We are talk about failsafe in the TX setting here. not to mention when it has signal range. even the hence of the brake drag have a roleplay in signal cut off it doesn't help much without FS setting. If so as u stated above then im grateful happy no longer need to headache for those the F/S setting Radiolink transmitter. Just rely to the esc setting onboard all the time..😉

Makes sense .I'm gonna mess around with it now and see what results I ge
Like i said sir.. i take no credits nor criticized for this. im just share thru my experience. We have our own rigs & system variable. Maybe it will suit u but not mine vice versa. worry no more, i'll not drag this arguement to the next page cause im scare of death debating to ppl i didnt see in front of me.

Last edited:
Yes sir.... I see the parameter table. But i don't see any ( ) either for FS mode stated only for brake drag. Or u can elaborate more how/when the drag brake & other setting in esc function when it come to signal cut-off? U only stick to one thing(the brake drag), im mentioning overall function. As we know esc is variable & not all esc has that setting. And as i understand the only thing onboard esc setting triggred without need cooporate with signal is LVC & thermal cut-off. And receiver do have memory sir... as it store the commands from the TX's setup to register the stop, throttling & turning servo in non-signal stage as the esc programming cannot to do it alone.

We are talk about failsafe in the TX setting here. not to mention when it has signal range. even the hence of the brake drag have a roleplay in signal cut off it doesn't help much without FS setting. If so as u stated above then im grateful happy no longer need to headache for those the F/S setting Radiolink transmitter. Just rely to the esc setting onboard all the time..😉

Like i said sir.. i take no credits nor criticized for this. im just share thru my experience. We have our own rigs & system variable. Maybe it will suit u but not mine vice versa. worry no more, i'll not drag this arguement to the next page cause im scare of death debating to ppl i didnt see in front of me.
It's all good talk .👍 No one is arguing here .we are all adults just trying to figure out the failsafe on the radiolink RC4GS. The ESC that I put in my GT infraction is a160amp by firma .so last night I spent a little bit on it .first i made sure my radio was binded to the receiver.i confirmed it by the receiver having a solid green light .👍 Then I tryed to calibrate the esc to the radio but after many attempts I was doing it wrong.figured it out after watching a video that says to press power then hold down the set button.i was not doing that 🤷 I was turning on power then after it was on then that's when I held the set button and it was not going into calibration mode .so today when I get out of work I'll do what the vid says
When it's calibrated then I'll play around with failsafe setting in the radio.hopefully I get it right..I don't have a program card for the esc so any changes I make I have to follow those stupid beeps . annoying af

Back