Mojave 4s no brakes…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rompa

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am very happy with my purchase, but I have a problem with my car.
When I try to brake, it doesn't brake anymore, when you try to brake and then you try to accelerate again, nothing happens. It has to roll to a stop before you can accelerate again.
It feels like 2 mistakes.
I have reset the ESC to factory settings and I have also checked the settings and they are correct. I have also tried changing how much it should brake, but with the same result all the time.
What should I do?

Yes! Both changing things , and do factoryreset. Nothing helps.
I was asking exactly what you did when you talked about changing things. Sounded like you changed some of the esc defaults which can get tricky especially you're doing the counting the beeps method.

There may be something off that would be covered under warranty. Have you tried that route?

I was asking exactly what you did when you talked about changing things. Sounded like you changed some of the esc defaults which can get tricky especially you're doing the counting the beeps method.

There may be something off that would be covered under warranty. Have you tried that route?
I have checked all adjustments i the esc by listening to the beeps, serveral times. It all happened before i even touched the esc, so that is weird.
I have emailed my hobbystore in germany But have not got any answer yet.

Stupid question... did you recalibrate the ESC's throttle EPA with your radio?
Sometimes ESC settings will out of nowhere, drift, get out of tune for whatever reason.

I have checked all adjustments i the esc by listening to the beeps, serveral times. It all happened before i even touched the esc, so that is weird.
I have emailed my hobbystore in germany But have not got any answer yet.
I saw some recent YouTube videos about people having issues with their Mojave 4s. I wouldn't try anything else and send a message to Horizon Hobby in addition to the one you left for your seller in Germany. That is, of course, if it's under warranty.

I am very happy with my purchase, but I have a problem with my car.
When I try to brake, it doesn't brake anymore, when you try to brake and then you try to accelerate again, nothing happens. It has to roll to a stop before you can accelerate again.
It feels like 2 mistakes.
I have reset the ESC to factory settings and I have also checked the settings and they are correct. I have also tried changing how much it should brake, but with the same result all the time.
What should I do?
Remote possibility that the motor is to blame if not the ESC. Open it up and have a look see. Seems the ESC's back signal from the motor is not working well.
Make sure the 3 motor phase wires are attached well. No damage to the wires....

Stupid question... did you recalibrate the ESC's throttle EPA with your radio?
Sometimes ESC settings will out of nowhere, drift, get out of tune for whatever reason.
Yes! Several times.
Remote possibility that the motor is to blame if not the ESC. Open it up and have a look see. Seems the ESC's back signal from the motor is not working well.
Make sure the 3 motor phase wires are attached well. No damage to the wires....
Ok! The 3 wires are correct installed. What should i look for inside the motor?

No arcing or burned wires internally , clean out any dirt and check that BB's are fine while you are in there. A drop of oil on each BB since you are in there already. (y) Basically a light motor maintenance once opened. Ruling out the motor as the cause. Should be done once in a while anyway. Every 20-30 runs or so. I use an Electrical Contact spray to flush everything. Make note of the rotor shims and orientation once disassembled, rotor removed. BB's can be replaced at some point with replacement ones when they appear worn. So a drop of oil on them goes a long way in this regard. If you neglect the motor, the BB's can explode and this bricks the whole rotor/motor. Needing a new one. BLX motors can last for many years if you keep the BB's in order. And don't overheat it.
>>> It just might be a bad ESC. Warranty it for Free, if you narrowed it down to the ESC.:cool:

Last edited:
No arcing or burned wires internally , clean out any dirt and check that BB's are fine while you are in there. A drop of oil on each BB since you are in there already. (y) Basically a light motor maintenance once opened. Ruling out the motor as the cause. Should be done once in a while anyway. Every 20-30 runs or so. I use an Electrical Contact spray to flush everything. Make note of the rotor shims and orientation once disassembled, rotor removed. BB's can be replaced at some point with replacement ones when they appear worn. So a drop of oil on them goes a long way in this regard. If you neglect the motor, the BB's can explode and this bricks the whole rotor/motor. Needing a new one. BLX motors can last for many years if you keep the BB's in order. And don't overheat it.
>>> It just might be a bad ESC. Warranty it for Free, if you narrowed it down to the ESC.:cool:
Thx!

I noticed this yesterday evening, the led is flashing weird..

Yes! Several times.

Ok! The 3 wires are correct installed. What should i look for inside the motor?
I found this, looks a bit burned? Smell is not nice…
IMG_8685.jpeg

IMG_8684.jpeg

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg

I'm glad you got the issue resolved. When I started using the esc out of my Mojave 4s again I also ran into trouble. HH sent me a replacement quickly.
Yes so am i! But now my 150A esc is not working anymore, bo ught it from the us in a hobbystore, But they are not so helpful to me :/
I Am wondering if there are such as much problems with Speltrum Esc`s…. ?

Yes so am i! But now my 150A esc is not working anymore, bo ught it from the us in a hobbystore, But they are not so helpful to me :/
I Am wondering if there are such as much problems with Speltrum Esc`s…. ?
Not sure about that. I got my 150a Spektrum esc from jennys and it's working well so far.

Back