How do I get these screws out the chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam

I should have added skid plates a year ago but I just added them mainly to try to protect and stop wearing the heads off these screws in the pic. The plates that cover the tire wells are 2mm screws. Cannot get the 2mm screw driver in there and 1.5mm is too small nothing fits now. Now that I have better protection I would like to remove them and replace them with new 2mm screws.

Any idea on how to get grind out screws out?

1625366698426.png
1625366710067.png
1625366738613.png

You can actually just try and press the standard hex driver into the hex. It looks like it's closed, but it's very thin metal. Do not drill, the hex is still fully intact, pure surface damage. I typically use a very small screwdriver to remove those little ridges, dremel might work if you have a small enough bit, but this doesn't need any machining.

I agree with @jkflow I had this same thing happen on my Limitless and was able to get the 2mm hex in with some effort and pull every screw out and they looked just like yours or worse👍

As said you have several options.
Tap the Allan key into it to force it in, a small torx driver may also work.
You can also use a center punch towards the outside tapping it round anticlockwise to undo it. If that fails as said cut a slot and use a flathead.
Tbh it shouldn't be that tight that it won't budge easily enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back