Another stripped screw, but not your typical “how do I get this out” post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davkhow

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I stripped a screw on my Kraton 6S trying to get the center diff out.

My plan is to dremel a slot, but since it’s recessed in plastic, I’ll have to cut some of that as well. So my question is which orientation should I make the cut to retain as much structural integrity as possible?
IMG_1591.jpeg
IMG_1592.jpeg

First try a standard key. They are a tad larger than metric. Might be enough to grab.
Good idea. I just tried it, but no luck. 5/64 was close but still rounded out and 3/32 was too big
Or try hammering a torq bit on.( One you don't mind getting damaged). Usually works surprisingly well.
But if I have to choose. I would cut right between green and yellow.
Awesome, this worked enough to get it started so I won’t need to cut the plastic much if at all.

I can’t get it passed this but it’s not as recessed anymore. Thanks!

Edit: no dremel needed. Got it fully removed with the torx bit hammered into it and applying downward pressure on the screw head while slowly turning it.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Good idea. I just tried it, but no luck. 5/64 was close but still rounded out and 3/32 was too big

Awesome, this worked enough to get it started so I won’t need to cut the plastic much if at all.

Edit: no dremel needed. Got it fully removed with the torx bit hammered into it and applying downward pressure on the screw head while slowly turning it.

View attachment 311768
Great! Now don't be like me and reuse that screw. 😆

View attachment 311768

Make sure you use M3 Cap screws as replacements.

Also, you might also want to replace the motor mount assembly with the updated unit..
1689554794551.png

$9.00 for the whole assembly at JennysRC.com

Keep it bookmarked for all your OEM parts needs. 💪😉👍

The thought did cross my mind, lol
Make sure you use M3 Cap screws as replacements.

Also, you might also want to replace the motor mount assembly with the updated unit..
View attachment 311783

$9.00 for the whole assembly at JennysRC.com

Keep it bookmarked for all your OEM parts needs. 💪😉👍
Just ordered this and a new screw set, lol

Thanks

View attachment 311768
Torx usually works like a dream !!! It’s surprised me a few times!
I have done this.. on both sliding motor mount screws. Stripped the heads badly, extracted with torx, and ended up using them for a while because the torx was implanted into the cheap malleable aluminum, and they had plenty of torx grip 😂🤷

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back