How do you store your LiPos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJackson

Reaction score
In my garage I’m currently storing them in my bat-box LiPo box, but now I’ve got too many batteries to fit in there so I’m looking for larger size storage ideas.

I’ll still use the bat-box for charging but would like to figure out a safe (flameproof) place to store my pile (10+ 3s to 6s) LiPos when not charging or in use.

Thanks!

They're not a huge fire risk at storage charge, so it's not something you should be overly concerned with. When not charging, fully charged or overcharged, they're unlikely to go off and if they do it's not going to be very energetic. Even the charging bags (which are not recommended by experience people for charging, and for good reason) are okay as a place to keep them when not in use. Lots seem to use steel ammo boxes with the seal removed or compromised, but to me this is a waste of a sturdy, sealed container that can be better used for other things.

I store mine indoors as the cooler temps are ideal for lipo storage.
I use smaller lipo safe bags inside a metal tool box that is not sealed well so it could vent incase of a fire.

Ideally you might want to split them up so one does not take out so many of the others. Loosing 10+ lipos on the same day would be bad...

I've got 3 med sized and 2 mini bat-safes along with a crap load of different size lipo bags. I keep them in a finished basement. Def watch how many you put in one. Just make sure to keep em at storage when not in use and check em every once in a while to make sure they aren't ballooning anywhere. Not a huge risk as mentioned earlier but better safe than sorry! Hate to lose em all! 👍

I have 5 ammo boxes with rubber seals removed. 1 box each for 2s, 3s 4s, and 6s. Also one for transport.

I use a fire proof safe one I did some research on some are utter POS at that figure if its can keep the heat and fire out it should keep it in. This helps with temp regulation as well.

I just keep 'em in dope bags. I mean, these bags are dope, all made of fiberglass and stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back