Outcast How good are the Kraton 8S EXB tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My K8 tires are too soft and wobbly in the air..almost feel out of balance. My OC8 tires are backflips and speak for themselves. They feel much better. But...I just got some belted trenchers for the Kraton and can't wait to try them out. Heard they are the shiznit in the air! Just had a small back and forth with @Moirae about this about an hour ago. He has more experience.

Edit: I meant beadlock not belted

Last edited:
My K8 tires are too soft and wobbly in the air..almost feel out of balance. My OC8 tires are backflips and speak for themselves. They feel much better. But...I just got some belted trenchers for the Kraton and can't wait to try them out. Heard they are the shiznit in the air! Just had a small back and forth with @Moirae about this about an hour ago. He has more experience.
Those trenchers are definitely not belted haha. They balloon more than anything I've ever seen in my life. That's why they're so awesome in the air though and beadlock prevent them from exploding.

I was running kexb tires on my xrt for a while but mine are wrapped.with kevlar as they were exploding on me otherwise. I thought they worked pretty good after I wrapped them. They are definitely heavier than the o8s tires though and I definitely like the o8s tires more, at least on my xrt. I currently have the kexb tires on my outcast 8s and i've no complaints.

Sorry I meant beadlock. I was on my way out the door to run the OC8 exb for the first time when I typed that. 😁
Oooo have fun bro! You're going to love it. I'm actually taking mine out today for a little test drive too. :cool:

I have outcast 8s wheels on my XRT. I think they are much better than the Kraton 8s wheels…
They feel so good on the xrt don't they?!? :cool: (y)

They feel so good on the xrt don't they?!? :cool: (y)
Yes. They are great. I actually got the idea from you. I put the 13mm hexes to help with rubbing and they are fine. Don’t run as all. I like Traxxas, but they make horrible tires and electronics.

D48B2C19-D545-448D-8087-065240ED2151.png

I run 8s backflips on an Xmaxx, stock motor, max6, 20/46 gearing. The backflips are awesome, worlds better than TRX wheels and tires as far as durability goes.. unfortunately, they're about the same weight as stock Xmaxx tires and wheels. As a result, backflips are almost impossible to pull off with the 8s "backflips" !? How ironic!!🤔🤷‍♂️

I run 8s backflips on an Xmaxx, stock motor, max6, 20/46 gearing. The backflips are awesome, worlds better than TRX wheels and tires as far as durability goes.. unfortunately, they're about the same weight as stock Xmaxx tires and wheels. As a result, backflips are almost impossible to pull off with the 8s "backflips" !? How ironic!!🤔🤷‍♂️
I noticed my 8s backflips don't backflip easily...even on full throttle. Thought maybe it was something I was doing. The CH's do better backflips. I got some Trenchers I haven't ran yet that I've heard are awesome in the air.

I noticed my 8s backflips don't backflip easily...even on full throttle. Thought maybe it was something I was doing. The CH's do better backflips. I got some Trenchers I haven't ran yet that I've heard are awesome in the air.
No complaints about the 8s backflips, great tires and very tough wheels..but, no backflips from my Xmaxx with them. Stock TRX don't really backflip either.. I'm on the fence about whether I really care or not.. more tire weight will surely give the inertia needed, but ground handling definitely suffers..and driveshafts, and servo, and diffs, suspension pivots.. just goes on and on.
Okay, I just convinced myself, I don't need heavier tires, thanks!!😂😂🍻

increase the punch. earplugs in the center will increase air control too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back