Infraction How long will the stock servo last on 8 volts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine lasted about 6-7 runs.. and then burnt out.

Since then I’ve kept it at 7.4v but I have noticed better control on my speed runs using a servo with more torque.
Okay good to know. Figured it wouldn’t last long but wanted to confirm with someone who tried it. Appreciate it.

I think that’s a different servo right?
I'm not sure tbh, but the servo in my felony has lasted a while with a mixture of 7.4 and 8v as well.

I never went above 7.4V on the stock servo...but I did ditch it pretty early on. I've since moved to a 44kg HRC servo at 6V because the remote switch to my front lights goes haywire when I run higher voltages. For speed running higher torque servos make sense as they will, ultimately, help the car stay on track and help eliminate bump steer. The Scorched RC servo saver delete is another item worth taking a look at in that context. If you're just bashing about, it's not as necessary, but I'd still recommend upgrading the servo. Something like the 35kg servo from Amazon. I know @SrC makes extensive use of them and I found them to be a great bang for the buck as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back