Raider How many have Raider XL BLX and what have you done to them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Looking for ways to improve the performance and reliability. I have installed larger wheels and tires but experiencing poor hookup in loose pack offroad conditions. T-Bone Racing front bumper too. Had to replace a rear hinge pin, suspension arm and rear pin mount after a cartwheel ripped out the suspension arm.

I'd like to know what tires people have tried and the results as well as other changes, for instance, shocks.

Hi

JConcepts Tires are what you want. I'm running there Choppers in the back and there Rib's in front. You will get great tracktion with these tires. If you check out some of my older posts you will see quite a few mods for the Raider XL that I have done.

Here are the links for the tires and rims I am useing.
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/choppers-fits-sct-30-x-22-wheel
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/rips-sc10b-front-tire
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/hazard-sc10-fr-sc10-4x4-fr-sc10b-r-wheel
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/hazard-sc10b-front-wheel

Awesome. Thanks ajdragon. I will be ordering the front tires & wheels. The rears are out of stock. I'll let you know how they work out.

Here some pictures of my Raider XL ....It is a really good rig.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 103
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 104
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 102
Here some pictures of my Raider XL ....It is a really good rig.....
That looks awesome! I'd be interested in knowing some things about it if you care to share? Like which JConcepts tires are those and how do they perform? And the wheels, what type? Great aluminum add-ons. Could you give details on them? Is that the Arrma wheelie bar, or something else? How much $ have you invested in this? Thanks

Raider BLX with lights!

13826-bd89146d0bc0bd221b5343b50a4f1e1e.jpg

There are two orange lights in the rear that flash continuously, not shown in this picture. The two orange lights on the side pods only activate with throttle input and the white lights are on continuously. So when coming towards me all lights are on and when I let off the throttle the white lights are still illuminated. Going away I always see the flashing orange lights from the back. The red light is simply a Venom voltage monitor. The white lights are installed in a T-Bone Racing front bumper.

Last edited:
I put better tires on the back once I stripped the factory set. I also replaced the rear hubs with metal ones to keep the screws from stripping loose in the plastic. I am thinking about replacing the steering arms with metal ones as well, as they frequently snap in high speed turning crashes.

Hi! I'm new one here and Raider xl blx is my first Arrma. Sorry for my English... Firstly I change shocks - HSP alum shocks are great for there price. Second, I buy cheapest drift gyro GYC300 - traction control on start is super! :) In plans: I try to change dog bones to CVD's.

I haven't received my blx yet but i also ordered a gyc300 mini gyro. $10.

I also have a gensacearespammers 4000 50c 3s. (Hope it fits)

Also a set of proline dirt hawgs 2.8's. Im aware they will not last long but love the appearance for some nice stills.

And lastly a 4k action cam (gopro wannabe) for onboard footage.

I also have a gensacearespammers 4000 50c 3s. (Hope it fits)
That battery should fit fine. But if it comes with the XT60 plug on it you'll have to make a change. The Raider comes with a Deans plug.
arad87_motor_esc_550.jpg

Got it. No prob. Hey im shopping for a servo as i hear some have had issues with the stock. Or is the stock good? If bad, whats a decent reliable servo? Anything under 25 if possible.

Got it. No prob. Hey im shopping for a servo as i hear some have had issues with the stock. Or is the stock good? If bad, whats a decent reliable servo? Anything under 25 if possible.
I haven't had any problems with the stock one in mine, but I have only had it for a couple weeks. I have a no-name/rebranded metal gear digital waterproof servo in my other cars that I got off Amazon for under $20.

https://www.amazon.com/DS3218-update-digital-Waterproof-Control/dp/B01N0XZOZU&ved=0ahUKEwii4t6HmcnYAhVBUd8KHf0TCGsQFghuMAA&usg=AOvVaw0JKoE4tZJQsR9uRoajdXiC

I haven't had any problem with my servo. I've had my Raider for a year now and around 10 runs on it with 3s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back