HOW MUCH is a body!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsJust Me

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at a body shell for my 8S Kraton - Generally over a £100!

I'm new to RC and have been quite suprised how affordable some parts are, but shocked by this. Why are they so expensive? They obviously are expensive to make, otherwise somebody would have undercut the market etc.

I was imagining they'd be formed on a vacuum table, perhaps the plastic is too thick and needs a press?

You ain't wrong!! I am appalled by the price of rc bodies myself. I've been in and out of the hobby for 35 years, they never used to be so expensive. I know everything has gone up from inflation, but bodies in particular have gotten ridiculous IMO. One would think that since technology has "advanced", they would be more affordable, not so much when it comes to rc bodies.🤷‍♂️

Was just looking at a body shell for my 8S Kraton - Generally over a £100!

I'm new to RC and have been quite suprised how affordable some parts are, but shocked by this. Why are they so expensive? They obviously are expensive to make, otherwise somebody would have undercut the market etc.

I was imagining they'd be formed on a vacuum table, perhaps the plastic is too thick and needs a press?
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-line-Rac...5&psc=1&mcid=815db2d8c8da322fb4677710c2d831ae
Still spendy at $70 but it’s cooler

Totally worth it!! 👌🤷‍♂️😂

Screenshot_20240417-132946_Samsung Internet.jpg

And Fugly!! I think I'd rather use an empty "Buttwiper" box, LOL.

I retract my above statement-I DID pay FIFTY DAMNED DOLLARS for an un-painted Arrma Talion 6s body… that body is also likely the thinnest material I’ve ever had in my hands related to RC in 35yrs of the hobby.. Clearly ARRMA is the common denominator here.. They’ve absolutely bumped their head. 🙄🤣

$29-$35 for a quality JConcepts, or Leadfinger 1/8 truggy body is the norm in my neck of the woods..🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, let us not forget the BR 6s.. I know, it's a beautiful body, but man. I could never bring myself to spend that kind of coin for an rc body.
I’d hate to even ask…😅 -and you’re right-it’s a good looking lid imo.. Same goes for the OC, and Noto.. Great looking bodies.

I retract my above statement-I DID pay FIFTY DAMNED DOLLARS for an un-painted Arrma Talion 6s body… that body is also likely the thinnest material I’ve ever had in my hands related to RC in 35yrs of the hobby.. Clearly ARRMA is the common denominator here.. They’ve absolutely bumped their head. 🙄🤣

$29-$35 for a quality JConcepts, or Leadfinger 1/8 truggy body is the norm in my neck of the woods..🤷🏻‍♂️
Traxxas gets $45 for a Sledge body.. which is still better than $70 for a K6S body from Arrma. That's crazy!

BTW, the Sledge body is considerably thicker than the K6S IIRC.

Tires aren't much better. $ Big time. Oh well. :cool: . I even found 24/scale bodies,$40. and change.:mad:.
Yep, I was going to mention tires too, but that's everywhere, even 1:1 tires have gotten crazy in the last 5-10 years.

Part of the problem is space. A 1/5 body takes up as much space as a 1/10 car. Also economies of scale, 1/8 and 1/10 cars probably outsell 1/5 like 10:1.

Part of the problem is space. A 1/5 body takes up as much space as a 1/10 car. Also economies of scale, 1/8 and 1/10 cars probably outsell 1/5 like 10:1.
I spoon my bodies according to size. :cool: Take up little space. 😁

Yeah I've looked at a Delta Plastiks one for speed running my Infraction 6s, uh the one that looks really cool is $135 w wing. Oof. It's a awesome looking shell at 2mm thick, but dang.

Back