How to paint limitless 2 colors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavefromCA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
Okay dumb question time because the search function and YouTube are failing me. Can someone point me in the direction of information on how to paint a limitless 2 colors? I especially love @Infraction666 limitless that I spotted while looking for ideas.

IMG_1047.jpeg

It's not hard, just time consuming. You need to take your time masking off your truck.
1, mask off all of your body except for your darkest color. Spray your darkest color.
2, pull your masking off and redo it. Back it off a little bit from where it was before (that will be your pin striping). Lay down your color.
3. pull off all your masking except for your windows and lay down your final color. Your done.

It's important to get good coverage but the thicker your paint is the more likely it will chip.

Windows can be done two ways.
1, pull your window masks off and stick them back on the sheet then trim them back a little and re-apply them.
2, with a light touch use a hobby knife to trim them back in place. This way takes a high level of skill to look good.

IMG_20190316_145203.jpg

Great tips above. Also, wash the inside of the body very well with Dawn and scuff it up a little before painting or masking. I also give it a final wipe with alcohol and let it dry. When you’re done masking, burnish the edges of the tape well to avoid bleed through. You’ll end up loving the process, at least I do!

For me it's 2 things. Either I'm to lazy to do masking and/or not patient enough anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back