Notorious how to remove diff outdrive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
73F3DAC1-DB88-4D06-ACFE-FA6938B206B2.png
i need to replace this outdrive on my diff, and i can’t seem to find anything on how to remove it, anyone know how? men is dumb so if you have a response could you please hit the reply button. sorry guys im picky 😅
here’s a pic of what one in need to replace

View attachment 277700i need to replace this outdrive on my diff, and i can’t seem to find anything on how to remove it, anyone know how? men is dumb so if you have a response could you please hit the reply button. sorry guys im picky 😅
here’s a pic of what one in need to replace
There's a gear on the bottom of that cup. Pull out that gear & pull out the pin that goes thru the shaft

Then maybe your diff cup is bent as a result of broken sun gear. (Just be be 100% sure, in your pic it seems the grub screw is still in the diff cup).
I’d first clean the diff case and see if you can notice anything jamming the diff cup.
If not I’d try to tap/hammer it out.

It sounds like it is time for a couple of spares from Jennys maybe. I ordered a few recently for the 46T spurs and spare guts, and already put them to use. I will probably order one or 2 more centers, and a few F/R also, the next time I need something else from there. I have enough 6s cars now that I have started to build up a storage tub or two of spare diffs, arms, hubs, axles, etc from Jennys so that when something breaks I can hopefully fix it and order a spare to replace what I had to use, instead of having to order the part and wait to be able to fix it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back