Notorious How to standing backflip

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
Seems pretty simple but how do you do a standing backflip, what punch, grass or concrete all that stuff. Yes I know my car can do it,

Hector_Fisher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
But how do you know YOUR car can do it?????? 🤔

JK, get a slight bit of a roll to engage drivetrain, then slam the throttle. Will need some experimentation with your specific setup to know when to let off the throttle. Certainly do it before you hit the ground though for longevity of the drivetrain's sake.

EDIT: your surface dictates the level of grip you'll have. On higher grip surfaces (like grass), backflips will be easier, so you could theoretically back down on throttle some. But I'd probably just instead shorten the amount of time you are mashing the throttle.

Last edited:

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
^ what he said

And make sure you pay attention to what the rig is doing. You want to use your brakes before you slam into the ground. I learned how to do it from watching videos of other people doing it so maybe these will be helpful for you.

Last edited:

Hector_Fisher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
^ what he said

And make sure you pay attention to what the rig is doing. You want to use your breaks before you slam into the ground. I learned how to do it from watching videos of other people doing it so maybe these will be helpful for you.

^ what he said..... :ROFLMAO:

The slow mo of the outcast in the first video is probably the best you can get for visualizing when to hit throttle and brake and how it all should look.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
^ what he said..... :ROFLMAO:

The slow mo of the outcast in the first video is probably the best you can get for visualizing when to hit throttle and brake and how it all should look.
^^ What they said.......

😂 couldn't resist!! 😂

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
When I first started, it was such a violent ordeal and it looked like something would break if I kept doing it. I watched a video of Kevin talbot doing it with his kraton and it was the smoothest thing I'd ever seen. After studying his video, I realized I needed to use the brakes and it was over after that. I became a power ranger.