Hsp Shocks for the blx lineup personal experience and pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear I have some on order too be here next week sometime !! I don’t really care for my racer edge shocks they have little to no dampening
I have more running to do but so far so good. They are super close to fully compressed when the truck is bottomed out. Maybe like 2-3mm I’d clearance.

RC is all about personal experiences. Share whatever whenever. We're not the uptight internet bunch. I tried those shock ages ago & made sure everyone knew about them at the time, over a year ago. The issue reoccurs countless times because the stock shocks are leaking junk. They perform well if they are solid & stay solid. But you have to have awesome luck. Since then I found that these work without any modifications: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410
I ordered a set of these they just cleared customs in the US.

I still have those shocks on all 3 of my kids' rigs. 1 Granite, & 2 Sentons with MT tires. All are converted Mega 4x4s with blx parts. They give the car an extra cm of ground clearance which is perfect or the kids since they think they can drive over anything. They do have a bit more bounce to them than the fatter shocks & that rebound helps in this cold weather. I prefer the fatter shocks since they are closer to the performance of the Typhon 6s shocks.

I have more running to do but so far so good. They are super close to fully compressed when the truck is bottomed out. Maybe like 2-3mm I’d clearance.
Ok cool I’m gonna post up pics and prolly a video when I get my set and do some tinkering I need to get some 50wt oil tho

Thanks for fixing the thread title. I actually agree that it's annoying when there are like 10 threads that are called "what shock upgrade for my mega?!!!???", so if the thread is actually about HSB shocks, then yeah, call it that... ;)

I think moderators should merge this thread with the big shock thread and make it a sticky, leaky shocks is a common occurrence with these rigs. If it has tits or tires it will eventually give you problems.
amen .on that

Glad to see this also. I just got mine in the other day and was wondering how they were going to work out. I don't want to be tipping in the corners due to being a little taller.

So these are slightly taller than stock but make up for it being a little softer? I'm just worried about tipping in the corners. I like how it handles with stock but don't like how easy they break.

I have searched and searched for rec shocks replacement for the Granite 4x4 BLX but just keep coming back across this one. Not that this thread is bad but what is this "original" thread that was talked about 1,000 times I can't seem to find? I see the link on the front 81003N (118mm) and Rear 81002N (137mm) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410 Thank you
You're typing in too much. Just search 'Granite 4x4 Shocks' & it will turn up most of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back