Kraton HW Max 6 and 1100KV motor shutting off!! HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hansonjrk84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Newly installed on my 6s kraton platform. What's happening is my esc stays on ...while bashing, periodically the motor will shutoff...I'll check my esc still on...fans still running...not sure what's going on but any help would be greatly appreciated as I just dropped too much money on this kraton and now I got a outcast8s I'm going to have to baby as well...smh

Wonder if it’s hitting an amp limit. I realize they sell it as a combo but the 5687 has a 200A rating while the MAX6 is a 160A continuous ESC. How do you have the motor geared?

Newly installed on my 6s kraton platform. What's happening is my esc stays on ...while bashing, periodically the motor will shutoff...I'll check my esc still on...fans still running...not sure what's going on but any help would be greatly appreciated as I just dropped too much money on this kraton and now I got a outcast8s I'm going to have to baby as well...smh
Sometimes when servos on their way out they have those symptoms.

Wonder if it’s hitting an amp limit. I realize they sell it as a combo but the 5687 has a 200A rating while the MAX6 is a 160A continuous ESC. How do you have the motor geared?
Hmmm..that sounds about right..so my gearing is 44 spur and 34 pinion.
Sometimes when servos on their way out they have those symptoms.
Brand new servo..

When it cuts out what is the ESC LED doing? Color, blinks?

You might be hitting thermal which does happen now and then when over geared. These ESC's are good but can definitely use a cooling upgrade.

Next time it stops, let it set with esc fan running. If it starts again in a few minutes, then the esc hit thermo. Have experience the same with trying to get gearing set correct. First time thought the esc had died. After a few days tried again. Well, look at that!!! Esc is not bad after all and I ordered a replacement. Sometimes that is how we learn.

Next time it stops, let it set with esc fan running. If it starts again in a few minutes, then the esc hit thermo. Have experience the same with trying to get gearing set correct. First time thought the esc had died. After a few days tried again. Well, look at that!!! Esc is not bad after all and I ordered a replacement. Sometimes that is how we learn.
So I would have to replace esc or motor? In this instance?
Check esc temps when it cuts off.
I have and it's nowhere near too hot...around 130ish

What the motor temps? Is something causing the motor to overheat? Bad bearing or to tight gear mess? Can you get a card reader to check the esc settings and make sure the cut off is not to low?

Next time I'll pay attention and do it at night can't see anything bright of day
Green steady flash is Thermal cut. Steady red flash is LVC. FWIW. Different alternating sequences with red or green are usually other hard trouble codes. Sometimes a permanent unreversible failure.

Invest in the HW card reader, the digital one, then you can read what is going on with the settings. Might have the motor to high geared as well.

There are two, one reads more vertical, the other horizontal. Depends on the esc which works. Try what you have, if it does not work, look for the other one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back