I tried to be a good person ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met a young kid and father when out bashing years ago. The kid seemed so bright. Asked the right questions etc. Father didnt say much. Kid had so many questions about my RC. I answered them rather technically but explained it. The father really had no clue. He was just smiling and realized I knew what I was talking about. A few years later and this kid shows up all grown up a few years older. Didn't recognize him. But he remembered me. The dad I did remember. Turns out his son built a 1/5 Nitro Losi rig, Engine and all. Was there to break in the motor. He absolutely knew what he was doing. The father said he is in a technical high school now and loves these RC's. Has many of them. The father said these are so expensive. I said no joke. But they are learning tools for young children that get into it. This kid can talk shop with me like crazy now. :)
That’s beautiful, man.
We didn't have it, they don't need it. ;)
Oh yeah? We had those things called pay phones on every corner. When was the last time you saw one? I saw one a few weeks ago and startled my wife by yelling, “holy sh*t, there’s a fu**ing pay phone over there!” Really made me realize how long it had been since I’ve seen one. Definitely years.
Also, you’re looking at it wrong. Buy the kids a cell phone and you can track them! (As well as being tracked by Apple, the NSA, the Chinese, Russians, Po-Po.). But hey, they’ll never be lost because literally the entire planet knows where they are at any given second.

That’s beautiful, man.

Oh yeah? We had those things called pay phones on every corner. When was the last time you saw one? I saw one a few weeks ago and startled my wife by yelling, “holy sh*t, there’s a fu**ing pay phone over there!” Really made me realize how long it had been since I’ve seen one. Definitely years.
Also, you’re looking at it wrong. Buy the kids a cell phone and you can track them! (As well as being trapped by Apple, the NSA, the Chinese, Russians, Po-Po.)

I know them very well. In fact, when I was growing up and I didn't check in, my father would be in the car looking for me. Parenting. I have no problem with the phone, I have problem with social media and children.

Having a phone really helps me to stay connected with friends. Being 15, I can’t drive alone but I do stuff without my parents. Whether that’s a 20 mile bike ride (great fun in the summer, get a group and go) or going downtown. Rcing in the dirt pits a bit away, it’s really helpful to stay in touch. The thing is, it’s a gateway to soo much bad. If you learn to use it responsibly, it’s a tool for safety, research, and friendship. When I didn’t have a phone, but most kids around me did (6th grade) i didn’t have many friends. They would set up hanging out by texting, but I’d have no clue because I couldn’t text them. I work a good amount: 30-40 hrs a week, and it’s nice to update parents too.

It’s sad how many people can’t use them responsibly, but we need to come alongside those people and help them. To every issue is a deeper thing that hurts. You gotta fix the deep one, the outer ones follow!

Sorry if it’s TLDR

Having a phone really helps me to stay connected with friends. Being 15, I can’t drive alone but I do stuff without my parents. Whether that’s a 20 mile bike ride (great fun in the summer, get a group and go) or going downtown. Rcing in the dirt pits a bit away, it’s really helpful to stay in touch. The thing is, it’s a gateway to soo much bad. If you learn to use it responsibly, it’s a tool for safety, research, and friendship. When I didn’t have a phone, but most kids around me did (6th grade) i didn’t have many friends. They would set up hanging out by texting, but I’d have no clue because I couldn’t text them. I work a good amount: 30-40 hrs a week, and it’s nice to update parents too.

It’s sad how many people can’t use them responsibly, but we need to come alongside those people and help them. To every issue is a deeper thing that hurts. You gotta fix the deep one, the outer ones follow!

Sorry if it’s TLDR
Sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders and your parents did a great job! (y):cool:

+1 ...Good parenting indeed. The environment around children theses days is rough if you ask me. In school and all. They grow up way faster than we did 30+ years ago.

+1 ...Good parenting indeed. The environment around children theses days is rough if you ask me. In school and all. They grow up way faster than we did 30+ years ago.
Let's all go back to the 80's with hair bands, mullets, OG Hornets and Grasshoppers, girls, malls, girls, other malls, girls and more girls. You know, when Budweiser was beer. :LOL:;)

AI is going to really mess up the world. Biggly! Imagine a world without social media. Getting in your car and driving to your homies house to go out and go scoop up girls, owning the world with newfound independence. Not knowing every last bit of information about one of your old friends' bunions by picking up a smart phone and looking, actually having a face-to-face conversation mingling with people. Ahhh... I miss my old days man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back