I tried to be a good person ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Sometimes a kid finds you doing some fun stuff and you have to teach them...
🙂
Is it a turning point in his life? Maybe, maybe not but I have to try.... Maybe my explanation of gears and suspension was lost, but he certainly had a 100 questions and I tried to answer ever one. Maybe, he might be the next engineer to harness hydrogen fusion or cure cancer or maybe revitalise Detroit with a cool car.

Maybe Alice Epstein Esterl and I could meet his Mom again this Sunday?? Whos to say? Although I stick to my mantra "No good deed goes unforgiven" I still try very hard to be a good person. I don't virtue signal by what I drink or what jeans I wear, I try to DO good things.
Happy Easter!!!!
IMG_0992001.jpg

Nice one brother. Not only did you satisfy his curiosity by answering all of his questions, you demonstrated the importance of not judging books by their cover. Keep on rockin' in the free world. 👊

I'm an Army of One (well two with the wife), With you that makes three?

Last edited:
I had the opposite last night. Out ripping with 2 mates and a dad with his son came up to watch. The dad said "let's stick around and hopefully they get smashed to pieces".

Told him to leave and take his negative energy with him, it's not a good example to set your kid

I had the opposite last night. Out ripping with 2 mates and a dad with his son came up to watch. The dad said "let's stick around and hopefully they get smashed to pieces".

Told him to leave and take his negative energy with him, it's not a good example to set your kid
So sad someone would even bother to say something like that

Sometimes a kid finds you doing some fun stuff and you have to teach them...
🙂
Is it a turning point in his life? Maybe, maybe not but I have to try.... Maybe my explanation of gears and suspension was lost, but he certainly had a 100 questions and I tried to answer ever one. Maybe, he might be the next engineer to harness hydrogen fusion or cure cancer or maybe revitalise Detroit with a cool car.

Maybe Alice Epstein Esterl and I could meet his Mom again this Sunday?? Whos to say? Although I stick to my mantra "No good deed goes unforgiven" I still try very hard to be a good person. I don't virtue signal by what I drink or what jeans I wear, I try to DO good things.
Happy Easter!!!!View attachment 291238

How do We make a Country full of inquisitive, self motivated, "I can do this" young individuals..?

This Is The Way GIF

Take out the idiots that had these children and raise them properly. ;)

Those "idiots" came from parents also.. Were Those parents idiots too ,or the grandparents before that?
So how far do you go back...?

And Who do you put into power to decide/judge which idiots to "take out"??

Be careful what you wish for..
Back not too long ago there was a group (starts with a N ,ends with an zi) that decided several other groups of people were lesser than ,and branded them for "reduction"..

I don't think we want to go down that path again.
Just sayin'

I met a young kid and father when out bashing years ago. The kid seemed so bright. Asked the right questions etc. Father didnt say much. Kid had so many questions about my RC. I answered them rather technically but explained it. The father really had no clue. He was just smiling and realized I knew what I was talking about. A few years later and this kid shows up all grown up a few years older. Didn't recognize him. But he remembered me. The dad I did remember. Turns out his son built a 1/5 Nitro Losi rig, Engine and all. Was there to break in the motor. He absolutely knew what he was doing. The father said he is in a technical high school now and loves these RC's. Has many of them. The father said these are so expensive. I said no joke. But they are learning tools for young children that get into it. This kid can talk shop with me like crazy now. :)

Those "idiots" came from parents also.. Were Those parents idiots too ,or the grandparents before that?
So how far do you go back...?

And Who do you put into power to decide/judge which idiots to "take out"??

Be careful what you wish for..
Back not too long ago there was a group (starts with a N ,ends with an zi) that decided several other groups of people were lesser than ,and branded them for "reduction"..

I don't think we want to go down that path again.
Just sayin'
I really don't need to be educated on society when society is what is produced. My post was more of a rhetorical funny post as children are learning machines. If the parents are not teaching them properly with "inquisitive, self-motivation, "I can do this type of attitude".. as you brought up, or the grandparents you bring up, someone like the OP or anyone with humanity morals needs to step in. IMO, he did it the correct way. I would personally start with removing social media and video games.

+1
but once you open up Pandpra's box, its a wrap. I cant get my son off of that crap. This generation is all in with that.
Kids don't fit in and are left behind in society if they don't have some type of media. My son still does not have a Cell Phone. Because he has not earned it. By doing chores and being civil respectful in his home.... But I know he "Needs" One.
It's a tool we all need to exist theses days.

+1
but once you open up Pandpra's box, its a wrap. I cant get my son off of that crap. This generation is all in with that.
Kids don't fit in and are left behind in society if they don't have some type of media. My son still does not have a Cell Phone. Because he has not earned it. By doing chores and being civil respectful in his home.... But I know he "Needs" One.
It's a tool we all need to exist theses days.
We didn't have it, they don't need it. ;)

I really don't need to be educated on society when society is what is produced. My post was more of a rhetorical funny post as children are learning machines. If the parents are not teaching them properly with "inquisitive, self-motivation, "I can do this type of attitude".. as you brought up, or the grandparents you bring up, someone like the OP or anyone with humanity morals needs to step in. IMO, he did it the correct way. I would personally start with removing social media and video games.

Just because parents are not teaching their kids properly, doesn't mean they are idiots and need to be "taken out"...
That's all I was saying.

Not teaching or preaching..

Just exercising my freedom to speak my mind that's all. 🍺

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back