Infraction I would like to know if the castle 1717 1620kv is faster than the 2200kv V2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d get used to BSR’s first. I have no experience over 100mph, but some have said that foams are like driving on ice after running rubber tires.
My only experience is with the Rlaarlo but the difference wasn't that extreme. Definitely less grip than rubber but not uncontrollable.

Gens Ace G Tech Advanced Smart 6S will work for speedrun? I see that many use CNHL lipos.

Not sure on that one. Once you make a run with it you will be able to tell in the data logs.
A battery not up to the task will voltage sag really bad.

My recommendations for a beginner is the CNHL G+ 70c 6,000mAh.

Once you have successfully gone 100 mph and 120 then ready to invest more into the hobby I'd go for SMC SRD or Onyx LHB packs.

Any specific capacity?
I have really liked the Onyx LHB 6600 packs lately. It has big power but pretty compact and light also.

I did 135 mph with them wired in parallel 3s with the 1/7 scale rig.

The SRDs I have not used the models they sell currently, but its common knowledge they are great for speed runs.
I'd assume something in the 6000-8500 range would be good if they fit.

I have really liked the Onyx LHB 6600 packs lately. It has big power but pretty compact and light also.

I did 135 mph with them wired in parallel 3s with the 1/7 scale rig.

The SRDs I have not used the models they sell currently, but its common knowledge they are great for speed runs.
I'd assume something in the 6000-8500 range would be good if they fit.
Thanks. I have a Lim V1 with the motor flipped, so it's easiest for me to fit one big pack.

Is that the smart move for that car? To just get the largest capacity available for one of those batteries?

Thanks. I have a Lim V1 with the motor flipped, so it's easiest for me to fit one big pack.

Is that the smart move for that car? To just get the largest capacity available for one of those batteries?

Really big batteries can throw off the balance of the car. That would be my number one concern.
Then charging them is a pain unless you have a nice charger setup.

Any of the big name guys running high speeds ditch the original battery trays and go custom so they can fit what works best.

Last edited:
Is this real? You must be running on an automotive track? If this is really an actual thing, which is hard to digest, I would gear for 130 and use GRP tires, as foams are necessary over that speed. No rubber tires will withstand 150, and you can’t use foams to drive around a track. Maybe they’ll last a lap, or even two. And like @dure16 said, heat will definitely become an issue very quickly. You’ll need a bank of very good fans on a dedicated power source. Is this track already used by RC’s? If so, you should definitely speak to others and find out what they’re doing, especially in regard to the radio setup, as @rotauq pointed out. The longest range of any conventional radio system right out of the box is the Radiolink RC6GS-V3 with a claimed 600 meter range. The other option is the new RadioMaster with even greater range, but it’s a different protocol, or rather it recognizes them all apparently, and I have no experience or understanding of it.
Assuming you get that all figured out, after you enter the turn at the end of the 780 meter stretch, will you be using binoculars to see the car? How will you operate your radio? So much here defies reality and the ability for either car or driver to operate at those distances, especially having to negotiate an actual track.
OR, ok now I get it. You’re waiting for us to stack up a bunch of replies, and then waiting until Monday to say, “April Fools suckers, I got you guys good!”

You're 100% on target here.

780 meters is crazy? I don't know of any (1:1) road course that I've been to with a 700+ meter straight. It's technically possible if you put it in the right (wrong) configuration, but no one runs that because it would be boring until everyone crashed at the end of it. Speeds are too high, the brakes would melt, people would die.

At Sears Point you could technically run from Start/Finish straight up the drag strip to Turn 7. That's 1KM. But the faster cars are topping 120-130mph taking the long route with the turns. So basically they would be doing 170 mph then come to a street corner. But don't worry there is plenty of run out.
1711836922218.png

It could be 78 meters, which is approx 260 ft. This is a local RC track for 1/5 scale cars with a 240ft straight.
1711836415157.png

Back