Typhon Ideas on whether xlx2 will handle 4s tp motor high kv?? Limited battery space..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you tighten the 1.5 grubs up on your sway bars on limitless locking them in place or is it supposed to shift from side to side loosely?

I’ve pushed a fair amount of different kv setups single, dual and triple motor with some solid results.
With 4s as a dual motor setup with 4070cms I started to see about 600 amps per esc at 170mph.
I ran a few different Onyx packs including the 6600, 8k and 11500 hv packs in that car.

That 4080 3600kv should be a really solid motor just try to start more conservative then you think to get a baseline with the motors.
I have noticed some of my larger 40mm tp motors that have higher kv tend to measure higher then what they are rated,
Example I have a custom 3900kv that measure 4300+ kv on the tester. What’s funny is last year when I got that motor in particular I ran to 147mph but the entire testing I did was overgeared. I first thought the esc couldn’t handle it.
This year I revisited the motor and smashed out a 161mph pass with a single 4s onyx pack in a 1/7 scale

I saw that triple motor. Awesome build! You guys have opened my eyes to the gearing. I geared my 2028 1700 back to 40s/34p and set my controller with a 3way switch to 50/75/100 throttle cause I still can't quite dial my steering in and with that gearing on 50% my V2 did 90mph flat wide open then I went to 75% and ran 110 at about 3/4 throttle. I hadn't erased my datalog unfortunately but next time I get to go out I should have some good data think I got it dialed enough to open it up
Pp servo should be in tomorrow maybe it will help. Been trying a 55kg betu and it is jerky real bad so I ran a 35kg betu couple days ago and it was good enough to actually open it up a little
But yeah I'm definitely gonna start low with my gearing when I decide which tp's to get

Last edited:
I saw that triple motor. Awesome build! You guys have opened my eyes to the gearing. I geared my 2028 1700 back to 40s/34p and set my controller with a 3way switch to 50/75/100 throttle cause I still can't quite dial my steering in and with that gearing on 50% my V2 did 90mph flat wide open then I went to 75% and ran 110 at about 3/4 throttle. I hadn't erased my datalog unfortunately but next time I get to go out I should have some good data think I got it dialed enough to open it up
Pp servo should be in tomorrow maybe it will help. Been trying a 55kg betu and it is jerky real bad so I ran a 35kg betu couple days ago and it was good enough to actually open it up a little
But yeah I'm definitely gonna start low with my gearing when I decide which tp's to get
A lot of off brand servos do not recenter properly and cause wreak havoc to our speed cars.
I recommend deleting or locking the servo saver which should help keep that from floating as well

Do you tighten the 1.5 grubs up on your sway bars on limitless locking them in place or is it supposed to shift from side to side loosely?
The sway bar is supposed to be able to move freely. There are some other things to consider, however, when it comes to setting them up correctly and you can find videos on Youtube that explain and demonstrate how to set them up. That being said, as they relate to speed running, the sway bars don't serve a purpose and I would recommend removing them entirely as they don't do anything for you just driving straight. Their function relates to cornering and transferring the energy from suspension compression from the left to the right side and vice versa. They just get in the way when performing maintenance and there is no performance penalty if you remove them.

Glue will work. Just disconnect servo and make sure it’s free and smooth after you glue it.
Do you mind if if I ask when you have completed your run do you immediately go to full brake or is it a feel situation. What works best for you if you're 150+ ?

Do you mind if if I ask when you have completed your run do you immediately go to full brake or is it a feel situation. What works best for you if you're 150+ ?
My road is extremely tricky with stopping. If I lock up the brakes too hard it will lose traction and spin out. The closer we get to the construction site entrance that’s at the end of our road the harder it is to stop.
Most of my cars I run 40-50% braking and I have to ease into it.
I also run a slow ramp in 10% drag brake as well. So even if I let of the brake while trying to keep control the car will still work on slowing itself down.

Awesome
I've saw you lose it in the leaves and stuff at the end of your road but it looks like a good stretch to run on. I am limited with the spot I go right now to roughly 130 and that's pushing it. I think I can still get some data to go with maybe, sucks man

Last edited:
Back