Imax b6 not working correctly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcbasher123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 4s
Do my imax is not charging my lipos instead it’s using the lipo to power the screen

Is this a new charger? Where are you plugging the lipo in? Is this a real Imax B6 or a clone?

IMG_0523.jpeg
IMG_0522.jpeg
IMG_0521.jpeg

What happens if you plug in both at the same time? You really should not have the battery plugged into a dead charger btw always power on the charger first then plug in the battery.

I have 2 of those. Blue one is about 15 years old. Black one less than a year old. Both work fine. Are they fake or real? I just don't care... they work and I'm present when I charge them.

IMG_20230824_182750441_HDR.jpg

Same thing happens it “starts charging” but sits at the same voltage for hours

Same thing happens it “starts charging” but sits at the same voltage for hours

Something internally is wrong with the charger, what exactly I am not sure but it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than to try and fix it. Is this new a new charger or an old one?

Something internally is wrong with the charger, what exactly I am not sure but it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than to try and fix it. Is this new a new charger or an old one?
About a year old

I have 2 of those. Blue one is about 15 years old. Black one less than a year old. Both work fine. Are they fake or real? I just don't care... they work and I'm present when I charge them.

View attachment 318902

I had a clone and a rebrand of the B6AC. The rebrand was a Thunder AC680. The blue one is likely a clone, plenty of videos on Youtube to tell you the difference and the black one is 100% a clone, the real ones were only 50w and blue.
About a year old
Eesh. Sorry my man. But unfortunately at this point in time you should be looking at getting a new charger. :confused:

I only paid about 40 bucks each for mine. Cheap quality but seem to get the job done.
I paid $23 shipped for the clone, it got stolen with my Merv years ago, the Thunder AC680 came with my Merv when I bought it used in 2016, my nephew still uses it.

I was going to mention that but I don't think that is causing the issue, a faulty cord would probably either completely fry the charger or the charger wouldn't power on but I could be wrong.
Funny I had the exact same frayed cord at the same location...tried to fix but ended up ordering a new cord.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back