Infraction Infraction 3s question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taugys

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new to my infraction, what’s the biggest pinion I can get for bashing? I put the high speed pinion they gave me In my car but the battery drains too fast, I wanna be able to get decent time but a bit more speed

Sorry, cant have it both ways.
Choose a pinion somewhere in between the installed one and the speed gear.
Finding both a comfortable Speed and Run time for your liking. This is rather subjective. What some like or recommend, may not work for you. It's trial and error. We all have different capacity Lipo packs etc... Some packs better than others, etc.
Also, running smaller or larger diameter tires from the stockers, changes your Final drive ratio as well.
Just buy a set of pinions in the range between the 2 pinions you have already. You can find them in inexpensive sets . Even Amazon has them. Need .8 Mod pinions to be exact.
32 Pitch pinions also work as an equivalent to .8 Modulus ones.
Always watch your motor and ESC temps with an inexpensive Temp gun. Especially with taller geared, larger pinions. Most important when the weather temps are Hot. Just touching the motor, for example tells you nothing. Best to keep motor temps no higher than 140F. The ESC no higher than 120F-140ish F. Dropping your ESC Punch Setting, turned all the way down for Speed Running specifically doing Speed Passes is best to do. This also gives you a tad more run time as well. By reducing excessive amp draw as well.:cool:

Last edited:
Sorry, cant have it both ways.
Choose a pinion somewhere in between the installed one and the speed gear.
Finding both a comfortable Speed and Run time for your liking. This is rather subjective. What some like or recommend, may not work for you. It's trial and error. We all have different capacity Lipo packs etc... Some packs better than others, etc.
Also, running smaller or larger diameter tires from the stockers, changes your Final drive ratio as well.
Just buy a set of pinions in the range between the 2 pinions you have already. You can find them in inexpensive sets . Even Amazon has them. Need .8 Mod pinions to be exact.
32 Pitch pinions also work as an equivalent to .8 Modulus ones.
Always watch your motor and ESC temps with an inexpensive Temp gun. Especially with taller geared, larger pinions. Most important when the weather temps are Hot. Just touching the motor, for example tells you nothing. Best to keep motor temps no higher than 140F. The ESC no higher than 120F-140ish F. Dropping your ESC Punch Setting, turned all the way down for Speed Running specifically doing Speed Passes is best to do. This also gives you a tad more run time as well. By reducing excessive amp draw as well.:cool:
I gotchu, I appreciate the response! Thank you!!!

15 min runtime give or take is on the average for most any RC's, with average size packs. IMHO. Can't get too greedy with run time. Don't expect to run for an hour. Yet some newbs feel they should be able to. Better to have multiple packs to swap out. How we all do this. Need to invest in more than just One lipo. Many newbs just buy that one pack, because they are all tapped out after getting a charger and all. Just saying.

15 min runtime give or take is on the average for most any RC's, with average size packs. IMHO. Can't get too greedy with run time. Don't expect to run for an hour. Yet some newbs feel they should be able to. Better to have multiple packs to swap out. How we all do this. Need to invest in more than just One lipo. Many newbs just buy that one pack, because they are all tapped out after getting a charger and all. Just saying.
I got a zeee 5200 mah 3s and also 2 zeee 7200mah 3s, I was having an issue with my high speed pinion because my infraction was going into limp mode after 3 or 3 runs, like 5 mins of driving and that was on my 7200 mah battery,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back