Infraction Infraction (Felony) Suspension Slop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
This is not new to you vets but as I work on my Infraction v1 (and Felony) to remove more slop.

Today I was looking at both the Infraction/Felony...previously I have removed slop from the tire areas shimming around the wheel bearing where I left a tiny tick of movement and rear hub areas.

Now looking at the front steering block around the pivot balls, and the upper suspension arm:

How tight do I want to go on the front steering blocks, do I need to leave a small tick? Or, do I tighten them where there is NO tick but they move but not overtighten to restrict movement...what I did? I oil the pivot balls and add Cow Moo-slick on them after each run once I clean it.

Last, on the front upper suspension arms? There is a lot of movement on my Infraction v1 the Felony not so bad but has movement too. I added some shims as you can see in the pic and there is no movement of the arms now...no slop. Was that good or bad does it need that slop or a tick of movement...my rookie thoughts would be no.

Steering block
IMG_20201215_134943.jpg

Upper Suspension Arm
IMG_20201215_135029.jpg

I’m gonna try this in the rear of my v2 the front wheels aren’t bad at all but the rear are very sloppy thanks for the idea very nice truck man

I’m gonna try this in the rear of my v2 the front wheels aren’t bad at all but the rear are very sloppy thanks for the idea very nice truck man

Thx...in the rear, you have the long screw at the bottom that goes through the rear hub block...I was able to take some more of those plastic washers from a screw kit I got from Jenny's I added to remove the slop... Next, I needed about 2-3 shims I put behind the outside bearing to take the slop out the rear tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back