Infraction Infraction Quit. Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tengle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 3s
Fairly new to the RC world and loving it. I have been enjoying my Infraction with my Spektrum DX5c for a couple months then all of a sudden it just quit working. It will rebind but no steering or throttle. I've even tried other TXs and Rxs but no go. I've gone in and reset esc as well as redo all punch settings. Is there a way to start fresh with Rx,esc,tx reset or something?
PXL_20200913_155756530.jpg
IMG_20200910_193631_199.jpg

I'm having the exact same issue. Happened while it was running too, boom nothing, smashed into a curb. Rebinds, still nothing. Another odd thing is that the e-brake will respond but not correctly, it pulses now. I've had a ticket in with HH for 3 days now with no response.

Have you tried putting another servo on the factory RX to see if that works? If not, then something is wrong with your receiver.

You mentioned that you tried different RX/TX with the factory servo and ESC with no response? If you’re sure that your new receiver is properly bound and getting good power then sounds like something fried both the servo and ESC.

To clarify the above make sure you servo is in channel 1 and ESC is in channel 2.
Also make sure the brown/black wire faces out.
Rechecked. Servo in aux1 esc aux handbrake aux3(oddly it works)
Have you tried putting another servo on the factory RX to see if that works? If not, then something is wrong with your receiver.

You mentioned that you tried different RX/TX with the factory servo and ESC with no response? If you’re sure that your new receiver is properly bound and getting good power then sounds like something fried both the servo and ESC.
I'm going to try new sevo and see what happens. Thanks again for quick and helpful responses.
Could it be LVC? If so how do I check and reset?

Last edited:
Rechecked. Servo in aux1 esc aux handbrake aux3(oddly it works)

I'm going to try new sevo and see what happens. Thanks again for quick and helpful responses.
Could it be LVC? If so how do I check and reset?
LVC does not affect steering. Steering servo should be in CH1, ESC in CH2. Not AUX 1 and AUX 2

LVC does not affect steering. Steering servo should be in CH1, ESC in CH2. Not AUX 1 and AUX 2

JD may have hit the nail on the head and if you are plugged into Aux1 and Aux2 that is your issue. Aux1 and Aux2 is reserved for AVC to use when AVC is enabled, or just normal aux channels when it's disabled. I think this is your issue because you said after rebind aux 3 for the hand brake is working (because this is right). So for clarity, Ch1 is steering and should be labeled STR on the receiver and Ch2 is throttle/brake and should be labeled THR, so make sure you're plugged into those.

If that is good then try the DX5 internal calibration procedure and rebind again afterward:
Menu > Settings > Calibrate

**Note: After basic binding, you will need to do a couple extra steps to calibrate your AVC if using an avc receiver and avc is enabled on it:
1. Bind like normal, once done orange light remains solid on
2. Pull trigger to full throttle, hold 2 secs, then return to neutral for 1-2 secs
3. Push trigger to full reverse, hold 2 secs, then return to neutral for 1-2 secs
4. Turn wheel full right, hold 2 secs, return to neutral 1-2 sexa
5. Turn wheel full left, hold 2 secs, return to neutral 1-2 secs

Once done the Orange light on receiver should blink to confirm settings accepted. Last step is to turn off the vehicle and power back up.

If you are still stuck after all of this then last thing you could maybe try is a reset of all models, validate all models, or maybe delete all models:
Menu > Utilities > select YES when prompted to disable RF > Model Utilities

The extra stuff I listed may not be in your manual that came with the car, it's all stuff I found in the DX5c manual and sr6100at manuals from Spektrum.

JD may have hit the nail on the head and if you are plugged into Aux1 and Aux2 that is your issue. Aux1 and Aux2 is reserved for AVC to use when AVC is enabled, or just normal aux channels when it's disabled. I think this is your issue because you said after rebind aux 3 for the hand brake is working (because this is right). So for clarity, Ch1 is steering and should be labeled STR on the receiver and Ch2 is throttle/brake and should be labeled THR, so make sure you're plugged into those.

If that is good then try the DX5 internal calibration procedure and rebind again afterward:
Menu > Settings > Calibrate

**Note: After basic binding, you will need to do a couple extra steps to calibrate your AVC if using an avc receiver and avc is enabled on it:
1. Bind like normal, once done orange light remains solid on
2. Pull trigger to full throttle, hold 2 secs, then return to neutral for 1-2 secs
3. Push trigger to full reverse, hold 2 secs, then return to neutral for 1-2 secs
4. Turn wheel full right, hold 2 secs, return to neutral 1-2 sexa
5. Turn wheel full left, hold 2 secs, return to neutral 1-2 secs

Once done the Orange light on receiver should blink to confirm settings accepted. Last step is to turn off the vehicle and power back up.

If you are still stuck after all of this then last thing you could maybe try is a reset of all models, validate all models, or maybe delete all models:
Menu > Utilities > select YES when prompted to disable RF > Model Utilities

The extra stuff I listed may not be in your manual that came with the car, it's all stuff I found in the DX5c manual and sr6100at manuals from Spektrum.

Thanks a ton! You guys rock. Soon as I get done with work I am going to try this awesome feedback.

i'll let ya know how it goes.

THX again.

Before you reset all models, just create a new one. It starts with default settings.

My guess, you just wired it wrong. Pay attention to the labels on the receiver. Anything in Aux1&2 is wrong, those need to be blank.
Steering is 2nd slot, thr is 3rd

Clipboard01.jpg

Carefully did all steps and suggestions. RX light solid amber. No steering or throttle. But I noticed on the main screen of Dx5c that when I turn the steering the AX1 shows motion but not on STR indicator. And I'm getting no response from throttle on indicators or car. SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS.

Thanks for your patience and help. Frustrated at myself because it's probably something I did.

PXL_20201022_222956423~3.jpg

PXL_20201022_222959584~2.jpg

PXL_20201022_221518764.jpg

No, those line won't move unless you go to the monitor screen. What you are looking at are the trim settings.
Aux1 is moving because it's controlled by AVC, ignore.
Use your scrollwheel to go to the monitor screen and you will see Thr and Str move.

No, those line won't move unless you go to the monitor screen. What you are looking at are the trim settings.
Aux1 is moving because it's controlled by AVC, ignore.
Use your scrollwheel to go to the monitor screen and you will see Thr and Str move.

Well that makes sence. So much to learn. I'm starting to think the dx5 might be too advanced for me. Haha. But how do I get the str and thr to work?
Is it set up for tank mode?

Oh lord what is tank setup?

Well that makes sence. So much to learn. I'm starting to think the dx5 might be too advanced for me. Haha. But how do I get the str and thr to work?
I believe you have done everything you can but see below. From the picture, the servo wires look correct, RX is orange indicating a connection and you can see telemetry. That means your RX/TX connection stands.

Often overlooked, make sure that the car is sitting on a flat surface before powering on and have the radio ~ 3 ft away.
My guess, your gyroo is not calibrating, which prevents the rx from giving signals to ESC and servo. Aux3 works as it's not part of any fail safe setup.

Leave it sitting on the floor for ~ 30s and don't touch anything after power on. See if that works. Typically it's a 1s thing but I've seen it take 30s as well.

If that still doesn't work, my guess is that your gyro in the RX is bad.

That is not the absolute end, you could disable 'AVC' in both the RX and TX. Doing it in TX alone won't do anything. Read through the procedure as to how it's done properly. With RX AVC disabled the gyro is out of the loop and you should have it working until you get a replacement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back