Is a Gyro = to AVC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and no. Yes they both use gyroscopes to detect rotation but AVC also will slow down your wheelspeed to help stabilize the car. Your ability to dial in AVC is very much dependent on what transmitter you have. The bare bones DX3 will only adjust the gain globally for both steering and throttle response. With one of the better Spektrum remotes (DX5, all models) you have the option of adjusting the gain independently.

I feel ya. When I first started looking at aftermarket radio gear for my Infraction I tried out, among others, the hugely popular FlySkyRC GT5 (mine's an Absima CR6P (it's identical) and Radiolink RC6GS. They both have receivers with gyros on board but...I really didn't like either of them. AVC felt so much better and controllable. Perhaps with enough time and screwing around, maybe I could have gotten it dialed in but, it just didn't feel anything like AVC.

Just curious? I’ve moved on to a flysky and I kinda miss the AVC from spektrum. I guess I need to practice driving!!! 😂

Thoughts ?
Like Diem reply.

I really like AVC by Spektrum. To get the full usage, you need something like a DX5C to control all 3 settings. Some rigs I removed the throttle control so it does not cut the power and some I find a little throttle adjustment is needed but not 50% stock settings. However, each rig is different and all have 3 different AVC settings and it takes time to dial the 3 settings. If time is taken, I "think" some could find joy with the AVC vs using solely the DX3.

One function I also like with the Spektrum is the head holding. Rigs like the Infraction or Kraton etc will stay in a straight line as I power off. I've found that also works well when bashing over rough bumpy ground. Could be a normal gyro feature I'm not sure but I hear it advertised more from Horizon.

Best of luck with a choice. Spektrum stuff is expensive but I got 90% on the forum. They do have a nice AVC receivers FWIW 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back